Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Catching Up

Good Afternoon, Kittens!

As I said earlier, I met my friend, Patty, yesterday afternoon.

First, we went to Lavantes, a Middle Eastern restaurant south of Dupont Circle for cocktails and appetizers. After lots of catching up, we walked to Straits of Malaya for dinner on their rooftop deck. The food was totally yummy. As we were paying our check, it started to rain. Great timing ... except I only had a small umbrella and we got soaked on the way back to her hotel.

Once back at the hotel, we decided to have a few more cocktails at the hotel bar. The bartender, Joe, was CUTE! (and gay ... I think).

And, then, I came home ... on the bus, because the red line metro has been stopping at Ft. Totten after 10PM. And, it was well after 10PM when we finished.

The bus took forever.

Today, after a ridiculously long metro ride (25 minutes from Silver Spring to Takoma Park ... which is only one station and should only take a few minutes), I met Patty at the Natural History Museum. She did a little souveniring in the gift shop, before we headed over to the African Art Museum. And, then, we decided to lunch at Jaleo. Yum. Jaleo. Sangria. Patatas Bravas. Basque Cake. Mmmmmmm ...

And, that was my adventure. It was super fun reliving old times.

Photo time!

Patty and Steven

Patty and Steven

Blurry Steven and Patty

The rest of the pix are here.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable adorable adorable -- and your hair: still perfection!

    ReplyDelete