Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Hear Random Beeps as Life Passes Me by

Good Morning, Kittens.

Off in the distance, I can feel the swirls of stress and uncertainty approaching. I am holding myself together with force of will and some tea tree oil-containing dental floss. And, for now, the steel clamps are only hovering around my chest. Uncertainty. It is so ... uncertain.

Monday, I journeyed into DC to meet briefly with our building's property manager. We've been trying to open an ING Account for our reserves for nearly 2 years. If all goes well, we may get it all together soon. Then, I returned home, after a quick pitstop at Adega for a salad and a glass of wine.

Later, leftover pizza in hand, I watched the final two episodes of Mad Men, Season 2. It's a bit sad that I won't be able to watch the series premiere on August 16th. Oh, well.

Tuesday, I finished proofreading the neighbor's thesis. It was a lot of work. And I'm sure he'll have comments about it once he starts reading what I wrote. Maybe I'll get a bottle of wine (or gin!) for my troubles.

I worked on completing lots of minor little projects ... and, in a fit of sweaty passion, I turned on the air conditioner for the first time this month.

Today, I will continue spiraling into the abyss.
And I will do laundry and go to pottery class.
The Normal, it is what will kill me.

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.

    --Anton Checkov

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, if you DON'T get a bottle of something for proofreading, I'll send you something myself! (And that would be Liz, not Fiona the dog typing...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you will be going to MFT soon. A change can be as good as a rest, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do not spiral into the abyss. Worst case scenario, you can come live in the attic with me. And drink wiiiiiiiiine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly6:42 PM

    {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    there are people out there who have your back, sweetie.

    so lean on us and we will carry you.

    if not, there is always booze.

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete