Thursday, July 16, 2009

So You Think BOSSY Drinks A Lot

Good Morning, Kittens!

Yesterday was actually quite productive. I did two loads of laundry. And, applied to two jobs. And, discovered that some job application websites are evil.

The two jobs I applied for yesterday both used a web-based HR System, which *required* resumes/cover letters in MS Word. I use Open Office, because I am cheap and can't afford MS Word (and also I like how easy it is to export a document to pdf from Open Office). After saving my beautiful Open Office resume as a Word document, I noticed that, when I attempted to open it in MS Word, the formatting was all forked up. Joy.

I didn't bother to fix it and submitted it as is.

I almost included a note in my cover letter saying that my formatting would be screwy and, srsly, who the fuck wants resumes in MS Word and not PDF? Crazy. Totally.

Pottery class was a lesson in disaster management. The two vases and bowl that I had to trim were very, very dry. I had to be very careful while trimming them. And, the bowl, which I trimmed first, as I was taking it into the kiln room, shattered in my hands. Um, what? How? Odd. The vases did not explode. Always a plus.

Then, the Very Special Gift I have been working on began to go horribly horribly wrong. And, in those situations I have learned that the best thing to do is to be all "GINA!!! Save my pot! It's a really important gift!" and she does. She is amazing. Srsly.

So, I came home. I made a martini. I had some chips and salsa. I surfed the web. And, after a couple of hours, I decided I needed another drink: vodka + lemonade. And then I hit upon the fabulous idea of putting a lemonade popsicle in it to help keep it cold.

OMG. I am a drink-making genius. Really. I need to open a bar or something.

*smooches*

13 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly8:56 AM

    I think this post calls for another drink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. vodka freezes, right? so next time, make lemonade vodka popsicles for your drink so it doesn't get weaker as it melts.
    yes, job websites are evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brilliant man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Sligo COOP #6 wasn't a bar? i thought it was...only i always forget to pay...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your hatred of MS Word. It is a lousy program and I can't believe that the world just accepts it as "standard."

    The diluting effect of the Popsicle seems to be a major drawback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pacalaga and gayprof: I anticipated the diluting effect and made the drink slightly stronger than I would normally. These popsicles were store-bought, but making vodka ones is a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You think Bossy drinks a lot..". hahahaha.... that was funny, and yeah, Bossy is the web's poster child for alcoholism now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:48 PM

    VODKA DOES NOT FREEZE

    ReplyDelete
  9. anonymous: Thanks for screaming the obvious. Vodka mixed with lemonade in the right proportions to make popsicles should freeze though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've just answered your own dilemma! No, not the one about freezing vodka. It's about your job search. Open a bar! Ok, so it wouldn't make use of your super-environmental education and talent, and that would be a shame. However, it involves drinks, and booze, things about which you have great knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should use your original and genius idea of just adding more vodka in the beginning with the popsicle and not the lemon/vodka popsicle. But, you are the alcoholic beverage makin genius, not me. :)

    Oh and did you ever notice how fun it is to say popsicle?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm too cheap to buy any software for my laptop so I do all my writing in TextEdit.

    xoxo, A

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius is right! I think I may try a lime popcicle in tequila for some Margarita-y goodness! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete