I Hear Random Beeps as Life Passes Me by
Good Morning, Kittens.
Off in the distance, I can feel the swirls of stress and uncertainty approaching. I am holding myself together with force of will and some tea tree oil-containing dental floss. And, for now, the steel clamps are only hovering around my chest. Uncertainty. It is so ... uncertain.
Monday, I journeyed into DC to meet briefly with our building's property manager. We've been trying to open an ING Account for our reserves for nearly 2 years. If all goes well, we may get it all together soon. Then, I returned home, after a quick pitstop at Adega for a salad and a glass of wine.
Later, leftover pizza in hand, I watched the final two episodes of Mad Men, Season 2. It's a bit sad that I won't be able to watch the series premiere on August 16th. Oh, well.
Tuesday, I finished proofreading the neighbor's thesis. It was a lot of work. And I'm sure he'll have comments about it once he starts reading what I wrote. Maybe I'll get a bottle of wine (or gin!) for my troubles.
I worked on completing lots of minor little projects ... and, in a fit of sweaty passion, I turned on the air conditioner for the first time this month.
Today, I will continue spiraling into the abyss.
And I will do laundry and go to pottery class.
The Normal, it is what will kill me.
*smooches*
Off in the distance, I can feel the swirls of stress and uncertainty approaching. I am holding myself together with force of will and some tea tree oil-containing dental floss. And, for now, the steel clamps are only hovering around my chest. Uncertainty. It is so ... uncertain.
Monday, I journeyed into DC to meet briefly with our building's property manager. We've been trying to open an ING Account for our reserves for nearly 2 years. If all goes well, we may get it all together soon. Then, I returned home, after a quick pitstop at Adega for a salad and a glass of wine.
Later, leftover pizza in hand, I watched the final two episodes of Mad Men, Season 2. It's a bit sad that I won't be able to watch the series premiere on August 16th. Oh, well.
Tuesday, I finished proofreading the neighbor's thesis. It was a lot of work. And I'm sure he'll have comments about it once he starts reading what I wrote. Maybe I'll get a bottle of wine (or gin!) for my troubles.
I worked on completing lots of minor little projects ... and, in a fit of sweaty passion, I turned on the air conditioner for the first time this month.
Today, I will continue spiraling into the abyss.
And I will do laundry and go to pottery class.
The Normal, it is what will kill me.
*smooches*
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
ReplyDelete--Anton Checkov
Heck, if you DON'T get a bottle of something for proofreading, I'll send you something myself! (And that would be Liz, not Fiona the dog typing...)
ReplyDeleteWell, at least you will be going to MFT soon. A change can be as good as a rest, as they say.
ReplyDeleteHang in there, sweetie.
ReplyDeletePlease do not spiral into the abyss. Worst case scenario, you can come live in the attic with me. And drink wiiiiiiiiine.
ReplyDelete{{{{{hugs}}}}}
ReplyDeletethere are people out there who have your back, sweetie.
so lean on us and we will carry you.
if not, there is always booze.
smooches!