Monday, March 01, 2010

Weekend Update: Where Does the Time Go Edition

Good Morning, Sweet Sweet Kittens!
 
It's March.  How the fork did that happen?  At least that means that Spring is Right Around the Corner!  And do you know what else is Right Around the Corner?  Do you?  Do you?   Can you guess? No?  OK, I'll tell you ... 
 
My 40th Birthday is Right Around the Corner!  Yes, the Big 4-0.  When my father was 40, he had a 10-year-old and an 8-year-old (me!).  I have a cat, who may or may not be 9.  But that is neither here nor there since I have no desire to procreate whatsoever.  The thing that is Here and There is that this weekend I emailed out my 40th Birthday Party evite:  Men Are Flowers at 40! 
 
Did you get it?  Do you want to attend?  Let me know!  Send me an email (and if you pass the rigorous screening process), I'll forward the evite to you.  Fun times will be had.  I've rented out the 2nd floor of a bar in Adams Morgan.  There will be food and fun and music and an open bar!  All I ask is that, instead of presents, my friends consider making a donation to the DC non-profit, Food & Friends (donation information to be distributed later).  Easy Peasy.  And fun!
 
As for the Rest of the Weekend ... on Friday, Mr. Fantastic joined me in Silver Spring after work.  We had dinner at the Asian Bistro.  Then, I picked up a couple of bottles of wine and we journeyed back to my place.  Tomokito and SCGB came down for drinks and movies.
 
Saturday, I had intended to get up early to clean and tidy and organize the apartment.  Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men ... Let's just say a certain fantastic someone convinced me to stay in bed for a bit longer than planned.
 
Once up (well, once out of bed), we ate leftover Chinese food and, then, headed into the District.  That evening, we went to Mike (Who Makes Cakes)'s house for Game Night.  It was fun.  Games.  Wine. Veggie Chili with Cornbread.  Deeee-ricious.
 
Sunday, after another leisurely morning in bed, Mr. Fantastic made breakfast - omelets, fried potatoes, and coffee made "special."  I had wanted to go to the pottery studio, but my earlier weekend laziness would not allow it.  I headed home, finished the evite, did a little cleaning, had cocktails (and a bottle of wine) with Tomokito and SCGB, and then spent the rest of the evening ironing ... 4 shirts!  2 pairs of pants!  Yay!  I also watched the movie, Rushmore.  It was ... kinda *meh*. 
 
And, here we are at the start of a 5-day week.  *ugh*  I don't know how I will survive it.  Maybe I'll call in sick one day or something. ;-)
 
Tonight is pottery class.  Stay tuned for possible pictures of beautiful pots.
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. A whole floor of a bar? Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there.

    Fried potatoes, "special" coffee. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I love you. You know that, right? Sometimes a girl needs a little VUBOQ to make a Monday tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I HAVE to buy a new dress? I'm sure that's what I just read. Well fine, its your birthday, you're the boss.

    xo,A

    ReplyDelete