Thursday, March 25, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
I am reminded of the classic Shel Silverstein poem, Spaghetti:
 
Spaghetti, spaghetti, all over the place,
Up to my elbows--up to my face,
Over the carpet and under the chairs,
Into the hammock and wound round the stairs,
Fill the bathtub and covering the desk,
Making the sofa a mad mushy mess.
 
The party is ruined, I'm terribly worried,
The guests have all left (unless they're all buried).
I told them, "Bring presents." I said, "Throw confettii."
I guess they hear wrong
'Cause they all threw spaghetti.
 
Just replace "spaghetti" with "cake."
 
I brought a large portion of the cake in with me to work yesterday.  Most of that is now gone (hurrah!).  I have distributed cake to neighbors.  I have frozen several pieces.  And, last night, K-Factor came down and ate A LOT of cake.  Yay!
 
BUT, I still have plenty of cake in the fridge ... so c'mon over.  Have a piece. Or two!  I'm still waiting for all the photos from the party.  I am posting them as I get them on Flickr.
 
Not much else going on.  We're busy at work prepping for our Earth Day activities.  I'm working on coordinating speakers and activities.  And I am getting lots of promotional materials (hopefully).
 
My weekend is shaping up to be quite busy.  I'd like to go to the pottery studio on Sunday, but I'm not sure if that will be possible.  We shall see ...
 
No exciting plans for tonight.  Probably just relaxing and DVD watching. I would like to get to bed before 11.  That would be nice.
 
Have a wonderful day!  *smooches*
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" famous last words. I'm a bit worried about your safety now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I sent you my address you could fed-ex me some. :-) I love cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove Shel Silverstein. But I love cake more.

    ReplyDelete