Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A Gay Day in DC

Good Morning, Kittens
 
Congrats to gay couples in DC (and Mexico City).  They can now get gayrried.  So who's rushing to the chapel this morning?  Anyone we know?   Not me, fer sure.  Isn't it interesting that these Gay Marriage Articles always focus on lesbians with decades long relationships?  Where are the menz and their 30+ years of happiness together?  Hm...
 
Lessee ... What's going on?  Hm ... I'm going to start sending out threatening "Why Haven't You Responded to My Evite" emails this weekend.  I have to put in the food order by March 10th (or 11th?).  I am very excited about the trays of mac 'n' cheese.  Mmm.  Mac 'n' cheese.  I will also be sending out information on how to donate to Food & Friends too. 
 
And, how can it only be Wednesday?  *ugh*  Longest. Week. Ever.
 
Yesterday, I gave a short presentation at a very long meeting.  Fortunately, the meeting (a) had an agenda and (b) wasn't a clusterfuck.  Then, I bought a cookies 'n' cream milkshake from Chik-fil-a.  Mmmm.  Milkshake.
 
Last night, I ate leftover soup and finished reading Lost in a Good Book (on my nook!) by Jasper Fforde.  It's the second novel in the Thursday Next series (which began with The Eyre Affair).  It's definitely a fun read.  The only problem was that I would get so involved with it while reading it on the train that, several times, I nearly missed my stop.  Yikes.  Next on the nook is a book that Scott loaned me, The Help.
 
My Washington Post has not been delivered to the nook for two days in a row. I have no idea why that has happened (and the instruction manual is not much help).  The paper shows up in my library on the Barnes & Nobles website, but not on my nook.  I think I may cancel this subscription after the free trial ends.  Manually downloading the paper to my computer and then saving to the nook is more trouble than it's worth.
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I've seen news photos of gay male couples that have been together for several decades, and many march in the NYC parade. You just must not be reading the right sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you were going to surprise everyone at the party with an impromptu wedding. That would be fun. Floral theme and all.

    On the CBC news here this morning they talked to a gay couple with two kids who have been together 10 years who are getting married today. So it may just depend who is hanging around the courthouse when the reporters show up I suppose. They also mentioned a jeweller who is catering to the gay and lesbian clientel with wedding rings, although I'm not sure how they differ from straight wedding rings. They did mention no engagement ring for guys I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So would you never get married or is it just that you haven't found the right person yet? I am hoping Mr. Fantastic is around for a while--he seems like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Gayrried" may be the worst word ever coined. The whole deal for holding out for marriage is that couples should have the same rights whether they contain two genders or one. Calling it anything else trivializes it. Plus, "gayrried" just sounds dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd prefer to be faeried.

    I guess I'll have to get a nook so that I can loan you a book that I've been unsuccessful in enticing anyone to read.

    ReplyDelete