Friday, March 05, 2010

Inglourious Basterds: A One Word Movie Review

Good morning, Kittens!  Happy Friday!  Yay!
 
And, on an even better note, it's an 8-hour workday, which means I am done at 4PM today.  *w00t!*
But, on to the topic at hand ... Last night, I stayed at Mr. Fantastic's and we watched Inglourious Basterds. Here is my one word review:
 
Predictable.
 
And here is a more in-depth explanation:
 
I am the worst person ever at predicting movie outcomes.  Seriously, I can't even get M. Night Shamalamalamalan's lamest "twist" endings.  [Hello?  Anyone remember The Village?  Didn't get it until the end.]
 
However, Inglourious Basterds was a simple (if not quite linear) connect the dots.  I hate that.  It almost ruined the movie for me.  I kept waiting for some twist that would surprise me or prove that my predictions were wrong.  That twist never came.  *sigh*
 
This is not to say that it was a bad movie.  It was fun to watch.  Had some tense moments.  And the acting was great, especially the guy who got nominated for Best Supporting Actor, Christoph Wal-something.  He was buckets full of awesome.
 
So ... busy weekend ahead.
 
Today, I'm meeting the Canadian for lunch (pizza! yumz!).  Then, I am going out for drinks after work with a couple of co-workers.  Tonight, I am going to relax and enjoy some me time.
 
Saturday, Mr. Fantastic and I are going shopping for floral-inspired party wear.  Later that evening we are going to the DCist Photography Show Opening thingy ($5! Open Bar!), because the Canadian has a photo in it.  Aren't we super supportive friends?  Yes we are.
 
And, on Sunday, we are hosting a small Oscar Party.  (and I am going to the pottery studio ...)  Hurrah!
 
Have a great day!  And a shiny happy weekend holding hands.  *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been to an Oscar party in years. :-(

    And no, I can't come to yours, I'm visiting in two weeks and need to save my soon-to-be-unemployed pennies for that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved IB! Not my favorite Tarantino, but I loved it! I didn't find the plot that predictable, but the writing, directing, acting, etc. is so good that even if it was, I'd probz still love it.

    Have fun at your party! If Sandra Bullock wins best actress, please boo in my honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word I have for it is "jewsploitation".

    And not in a necessarily bad way, but yeah, it is.

    ReplyDelete