Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Update: Lunch with Friends Edition

Good Rainy Monday Morning, Kittens.
 
Hope we are all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and ready to take on the day!  At least, I hope you are, because I most certainly am not.  *yawnz*
 
So, Friday night, Mr. Fantastic and I had a movie night with Ray.  We ordered pizza and watched movies until late into the night.  Or, they watched movies until late into the night.  I went to bed around midnight.  Working five days in a row is totally for the birds. 
 
Saturday morning, I metro'ed out to White Flint to meet a college friend for lunch.  We only recently reconnected on Facebook, learning that we have both been in the area for about 10 years and didn't know it.  We went to this yummy vegetarian Chinese restaurant, the Vegetable Garden.  Tasty!  Then, we did a little shoe shopping at White Flint Mall before she drove me home to Silver Spring.
 
I did a little housework and then headed back into DC.  Mr. Fantastic and I chilled for the rest of the evening.
 
Sunday morning, we met my friend Barbara for brunch at Beacon Bar and Grill.  Unlimited mimosas for the boozy win!  Of course, I got the time wrong and we were 30 minutes early.  Oopsy.
 
After brunch, Mr. Fantastic wanted to do some shopping.  Then, after a quick stop by his place to pick up my stuff, I headed home.  I was supposed to do some ironing to get ready for the work week.  Instead, I invited Tomokito down for cocktails.  And, later, went up to SCGB's apartment for a chat.  By the time all that was done, I was ready for bed.
 
Overall, a pretty good weekend.  Now, I must try to get into the whole Work Groove.  *ugh*
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! I work right across the street from The Vegetable Garden -- their lunch specials are amazing.

    I added you to my blogreader a while ago, via Bossy -- so nice reading a local blogger drop names that I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. early is always better when mimosas are involved.

    also, I thought of you at Target. Liberty of London is doing a thing this season (I'm obsessed with Liberty, and now that I can afford some of it, I won't be able to afford much else, I'm afraid) anyway- they did some men's shirts which reminded me of you. Not that I know you all that well, but I feel like I do thanks to cocktails and the internet. They have them online too, if you want to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck. Work. It gets in the way of all my fun.

    ReplyDelete