Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Purple Pesto

Good morning, Kittens!

This sudden cool spell we are having is not making my basil plants very happy. So last night, I made pesto. First, I made it with sweet basil. Yum. Although it was a bit too salty. Then, I decided to go all crazy and use purple basil.

Surprise. Purple Basil Pesto is kinda gray (see photo).

Here's what I did ...

1 cup purple basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
1 thai dragon chili pepper (green)
approx 1/4 cup of grated fulvi romano
approx 2 tbsp (maybe more) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/3 cup olive oil
salt

and puree the livin' Hell out of it.

The end.

Although it looks a little unappetizing, it tastes pretty good.

Not much else happened. I did some co-op board stuff. I called about a job. I knitted. I watched movies. I had Martini Time.

Typical day in the life. I didn't watch the Mad Men episodes. Might do that today.

No other plans. Maybe laundry.
Oh, I haz teh exciting life.

Have a great day.
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE PESTO! And martini times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have purple basil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have purple basil OR martini times. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne marie in philly2:38 PM

    I second fiona! my life sux!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Googled "will this day ever end" and found your blog. I love it. I think every day should have a martini time. So civilized.

    ReplyDelete