Thursday, September 10, 2009

Clay

Good morning, kittens.

According to my friend, Nida, mercury is in retrograde and that's why I (we?) feel like crapola. Great. It's only going to last another week or so. That's a good thing.

I was planning to do lots of job-related searching type things yesterday; however, that didn't happen. Instead, I wrote the first 3 pages of a short story that's been clanging around in my head for about 6 months. How did that take all day?

Here're the opening paragraphs:

Clay

"Wedging is so sexual," Tina said, as her muscular, hairy arms kneaded the lump of clay. She was using the ram's head style to force out air bubbles.

"I don't know what you mean," I replied. I had chosen the more delicate spiral wedging, which created a chrysanthemum-like pattern in the wedged clay.

Tina stopped wedging for a moment. It's true. I couldn't relate wedging clay to sex, since, at the ripe old age of 32, I had never had it. Unless you count the drunken and sloppy oral only end-of-term encounter with Brian, the geometry teacher, a few weeks ago.

It gets better. Maybe. There are some issues that I'm working through ... like plot, characters, and resolution. Easy peasy. *cough*

Meanwhile, Y is peeved at me (again). Whatever.

Have a great day! *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly8:57 AM

    Y can eat shit and die!

    I like the story so far...hell, I like a good sexy trashy storyline.

    is my life that pathetic? hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that anne marie...
    And I second her sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I was going to say "Y knows where the door is." I'm such a lightweight.

    Keep working on the story. Maybe you can get 30 people to do guest posts for a month while you write. Sound like a neat idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to say, "Y can suck it." But since anne marie has already put it out there....

    My verification word is "statio". They're apparently going all Latin on us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y is a weenie. He does realize that he's in YOUR house, right?!?

    And smut is good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it. Wedging sounds sexy to me.

    ReplyDelete