Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Life is So Boring Even My Arguments are Routine

Good Morning, Kittens.

Oh, yes, yesterday was chock full of fun and excitement. I did laundry. I knitted. I got overly frustrated with the (temporary, but not quite temporary enough) roommate.

I decided to make a couscous salad last night for dinner. Before I started cooking, Y sat down on the sofa with a plate full of toast and hummus. I made the salad - couscous, corn, black beans, red onion. The dressing was olive oil, chiles, basil, lemon juice, garlic and spinach (pureed). When it was finished, I fixed myself a bowl and sat down on the couch to eat.

Y: *loud sigh*
V: What?
Y: *sigh*
V: Would you like some salad? It's in the refrigerator.
Y: I just don't understand why you are like this.
V: Like what? You just ate a big plate of bread and hummus. I said you could help yourself to the salad in the fridge.
Y: Well, it seems like since I paid for the groceries ...
V: (interrupting) Did you want me to serve you the salad? Is that it? You need me to get up from enjoying my dinner to fix you a bowl? Is that what you want? FINE! (V stops eating and gets up)
Y: No, I can get it (Y follows V into the kitchen).
V: Don't bother. (V spoons salad into bowl) Enjoy.

He made yummy-smacky noises while eating. I suppose that was his way of complimenting the cook. I was too hot to even speak to him.

"It's only temporary and the money is helpful." Repeat ad nauseum. But, srsly, people, doubleyou tee eff?

Today, I am meeting Ray for lunch at Zaytinya. Then, I am going to the pottery studio for awhile. I have a lot of trimming to do. I also have some co-op board things to do. And work on a job application. Oh, the fun times I have.

Have a great day!
*smooches*

11 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly9:43 AM

    sorry, dahling...the money may be good, but the aggravation is soooooo NOT worth it.

    when does he begin his new job? next week, I hope...for yours and isabella's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:17 AM

    Do not serve him! He sounds like a major pain in the arse. Hope he's outta there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, he sighed! Twice. Loudly. Clearly he is a terrorist and a Republican. Thank God you don't let small things bother you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At what point to you get to give him a "love tap" with a handy baseball bat/lead pipe? Gah. And yeah, so when does he leave?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cook, too? As a new reader, that is great news as I love to cook and eat. I'm going to adopt your couscous recipe. Also, I never have seen "doubleyou tee eff". Very funny. I enjoy your humor. It's a fun way to start the day out here in CA. And, yeah, I agree with GayProf...Y is a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can life be boring with HUMMUS?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darling. We keep the iPod in our pocket for the times when the roommate thinks sighing is an effective communication tool.
    Speaking of tools, yeah, Gayprof hit it square on.
    And my word is bartatib, but the letters were arranged in such a way that I first thought it said "bartab" and I wondered briefly how you got such appropriate verification words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you certain that the two of you didn't accidentally go on a road trip and get married? 'Cuz if that's not a dysfunctional-marriage conversation, nothing is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y acts like a d00d. He needs a metaphorical ass-kicking of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I JUST don't underSTAND why you are LIKE this!

    ReplyDelete