Friday, September 04, 2009

Prelude to a Weekend

Good Morning, Kittens.

Yesterday was -once again- rather uneventful. The highlights were:

I went to Whole Foods and bought coffee (hurrah).
I made two batches of Thai Basil Pesto. One of which I put in the freezer.
I created a cocktail: The Light and Stormy, which is just like a Dark and Stormy, except it uses gold rum instead of dark rum. Tasty.
I knitted.
And, I went for an afternoon run. The goal of the afternoon run was to see if the After Work Eye Candy was better than the Before Work Eye Candy. It was slightly better than morning, although, all I saw was a barely, if, legal Twinkie and a nice chunk of Dark Chocolate. Nom nom nom. At least, I looked better/more awake.

And, the Labor Day weekend is upon us. I don't have any plans at all. I'm meeting CNTBD for lunch today. Then, I'll spend the day in the District shopping and knitting and maybe meeting Ray ... and then maybe going out for happy hour. Another friend is having a BBQ on Saturday. I may go to that too. We shall see.

Probably just lots of sitting at home doing nothing. Fun Times.

Have a great weekend. More than likely I'll be posting boredom-inspired updates throughout the weekend.

*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Your perseverance inspires me. Your active participation in life continues to challenge me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My labor day weekend is also gonna be a depressing snorefest. I have to work Saturday and Sunday, and I have off Mondayz anyway, so no bonus free-day for me. Boooo.

    And explain to me this Stormy rum drank...i lurrrrrve mah rumz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri11:39 AM

    Yes, do tell what is this Light and Stormy. Will be having a boring weekend as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to attend a baby shower over the 3 day weekend. GayProf is not a fan of the human-worm-larvae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anne marie in philly9:55 PM

    it's my birfday on sunday, so everybody gets monday off in celebration!

    "55 fat n fabulous" is my motto for the next year!

    ReplyDelete