Friday, September 11, 2009

Good Morning, Kittens.

Y defends his dissertation this morning. Send good vibes. Why? Because the better he does, the faster he is outta here! And that's good news for both of us.

In other news, I worked a bit on my short story. I am liking the characters. I am liking the situation they are in. However, I have come to a point where I am unable to see how it is going to be resolved. Hm. Tricky. We'll see how it goes. It's rainy and gray today ... which is good writing weather, I think. Perhaps, I'll be able to write through it. Or knit and think for a bit.

No big weekend plans, except for the free outdoor simulcast of The Barber of Seville tomorrow evening. If all goes as planned, there will be a Very Shallow Guest Star (+ Posse). And, it's 12 of 12 tomorrow. Look forward to fun photos, I'm sure ... especially since I have never been able to take a very good photo of said Very Shallow Guest Star. Exhibit A. Exhibit B. Exhibit C. (Srsly, she is Much Cuter in person. My camera hates her though. Bad Camera!)

Y heads to NYC on Sunday at some point to start apartment-hunting. So, I should have a quiet roommateless week. Yayz.

Have a great weekend! *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Yea for the week of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need to know how things will resolve for your characters, apparently your characters are supposed to tell you that. They just better hurry up, or your short story will tun into a novel. A novel idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly12:22 PM

    sending good vibrations and karma; also have fingers, legs, arms, toes crossed that you will soon be rid of Y.

    enjoy your weekend with shallowgal and peace & quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alone time is good. We heartily approve. We also hope that Y has his shit together enough for a successful defense, 'cause Gah knows the money is only questionably worth having him around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The posse is all about the opera.

    Or maybe it's the brownies in the (soft-sided, smaller than 16" with one individual sized, factory sealed water bottle) picnic basket.

    xo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: I have an adorable pix of us from my birthday party. I'll try to remember it tomorrow.

    PPS: I like exhibit B. That's when you were doing the shakey camera thing.

    PPSS: I just remembered that the picture from my party is from your blog so you've probably seen it.

    xo, SG

    ReplyDelete