Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hello, Clay, My Old Friend

Good Morning, Kittens!

Yesterday was a Day of Running Crappy Errands. Nothing of interest, really. I went to the bank to make a deposit of quarters for the co-op. Then, Whole Foods. Then, home, where I made more 2 more flat freezer bags full of Thai Basil Pesto. I also sowed some more lettuce seeds. As has been the case all summer, the first batch of seedlings were Beat Down by torrential rain. *sigh*

Around 730PM, K-Factor and I headed over to pottery class. Yay! Pottery class. AND, I had a happy surprise. I found a cup that I had glazed at the end of the Spring session and forgotten about (pictured above). Here's the other side of it:
I like it. The glaze is black and then the rim was dipped in white. I may keep it.

During class, I threw a vase and a (rather large) mug. I forgot to take pictures though. Oops. I think I will be going to open studio on Thursday. So, I'll take a picture or two then.

Once home, K-Factor and I had chips and salsa and margaritas while we watched Ghost (RIP Patrick Swayze *sniff*). And, let me tell you, using good likker makes a GOOOOOOD margarita.

I used 1 oz of lime juice, 1 oz chili-infused El Jimador, 1 oz Cuervo 1800, and 1 oz Grand Marnier. Nom cubed. Srsly. If only I had the money to buy the good stuff. K-Factor gave me the Grand Marnier. Mmmmm. Tasty.

Tonight, I am hosting the monthly co-op board meeting. *w00t!* So, I will be cleaning and tidying all day. Plus, my regular obviously ineffective job-hunting.

Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly9:06 AM

    "dirty dancing" and "to wong foo" are my fave PS movies. died way too young!

    smooches x 3 for a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri11:26 AM

    Love dirty dancing and ghost......

    Cheers to a good co-op mtg. tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found cups are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that cup. It's lovely. And thank you for the margarita recipe. (At least it's 11:40 today.)

    RIP Patrick. Thx for Everything, Julie Newmar, Ghost and Dirty Dancing were my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cup. enjoying your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete