Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Update: Homebody Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

My weekend was a bit of a bust ... The weather was (usually) crapola. AND, I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold. So, I stayed inside the entire time ... watching DVDs and knitting.

On the plus side, I finished my first sock. Now, I have to decided if I want to (a) knit the other one or (b) amputate one foot.

I'm seriously leaning towards amputation ... You wanna see it on? OK:

Ta da! what do you mean i have to knit another one?Foot Model: vuboq


Other exciting events of the weekend included having drinks with Tomokito one night and having drinks with SCGB another night. And having drinks by myself.

And, then, having a few more drinks.

Today, I have to go to the likker store. Ha!

Seriously.

I have a hair appointment coming up and I want to infuse some vodka for the Colornatrix. I'm thinking Blueberry Lemon. Mmmm.

And, then, K-Factor and I are off to pottery class tonight. Yay.

Have a great, sunshiny day! *smooches*

9 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly2:43 PM

    hi sweetie!

    had to wait until the boss left for the day...

    I think the correct spelling is SPARKLEFY; it just looks right to me.

    yesterday you tweeted that you wanted cornbread...sweet or not so sweet? I have killer recipes for both...just sayin'...

    have a good pottery class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sock! Perhaps you should be a sock model. :-) I've just learned to knit and do so very slowly. I'd love to knit socks but am worried that it will prove to be too difficult. I know you're not looking forward to doing the 2nd one so.... any words for a newbie knitter? Should I; shouldn't I? (Do you know if all knitted socks use DPNs?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sock! I just finished my first pair this weekend too, although I was much less fancy with the details. Now if I can just get those mittens finished before winter...

    Terri, you don't have to use DPNs if you have two circular needles of the same size (look up Judy's Magic Cast-On for toe up socks for details). The socks I made were super simple ST st with short row heels and k1p1 ribbing, very doable for a beginner. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor naked other foot!
    Your sock looks soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually HATE wearing sockz...but those actually look comferz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sock! (And what a strong arch you have, sir!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bitchin' sock! Personally, I'd lean away from amputation (especially as amputation would cause you to lean even more), but that's just because I really hate surgery. And that is a really cool looking sock. (Gah. I'm not even going to mention my typo.... *grin*). And those look like they'll keep your toes all snuggy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rn terri10:17 AM

    Gorgeous sock! I would definitely do the other one. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive sock. Nice pattern, nice color, nice foot. If your other foot looks half as good as that one, you should keep it. Go ahead and knit a sock for it, too. It will thank you.

    ReplyDelete