Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good Morning, Kittens.

You are looking at yesterday's Big Project: Turning a Heel. It was quite an Knitting Adventure, fer sure. I never want to have to go through that again! (except I will either have to or amputate one of my feet ... hmm).

The Y Frustration of the Day involved our differing concepts of Time. I have a realistic one. His is entirely forked up. Around 11, Y asked if I needed anything from Whole Foods. I took a quick inventory and gave him a list. As he was leaving, he asked, "Do you need this for lunch?" No. Of course, I assumed that meant he would be returning with the groceries in time for dinner. And, he did! If you eat dinner at 10:30PM. Fortunately, I had some stuff lying around that I could fix for dinner. I picked some basil and whipped up a quick pesto. I suppose it was all right, but it tasted like disappointment.

After my pesto + pasta dinner, I watched the first two episodes of Season 1 True Blood. It was OK. I don't quite get the whole fascination with vampires thing that is currently running amok in our society. On the plus side, there are several hotties on the show who walk around shirtless a lot. That alone may keep me interested enough to make it through the rest of the season.

In other news, I had a phone interview yesterday. It went well, I think. However, the recruiter said that even though I have the most qualified resume he's seen for the position, the company has "specific ideas" about who they want to hire. I don't have that experience, so it really depends on who they want to hire: Me, a fabulously qualified candidate with the ability to Sparklify everything or Ms. X, the mystery dream candidate, who -given what they are looking for- probably doesn't even exist.

We shall see ...

No real plans for today. Laundry. Post Office. Blah blah blah.
Have a great day! *smooches*

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with that job opportunity. Your Sparlkification ability *should* outweigh any and all other requirements for the job, including but not limited to any "specific ideas" they have. I'd hire you in a skinny minute.

    Congrats on the turned heel. I bought some sock yarn and tiny double point needles with the intention (I'm big on intention, small on follow-through) of knitting some socks. I am not that good a knitter, and I've heard horror stories about heels. I have an instruction book, but since I can't read patterns for shucks, this may be problematic. Since I haven't cast on the first stitch, though, I'm not going to worry about it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep up hope for the job. Qualified person in hand should outweigh mystery candidate who doesn't exist.

    Why do you still depend upon Y for anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly10:48 AM

    I second gayprof!

    in my old age, I find I can depend on no one but myself to do the things I need done. and so should you, my young buck!

    I bet you get that job, mr. sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY JOB! I have found the same things in my search. The other day I found a job for a senior technical writer who also happened to have a pilot's license. I know what tech writing pays, and it ain't enough to get a pilot's license. But the current license was required. o.0
    YAY HEEL! Don't you feel all smart and magical for doing it?
    YAY SHIRTLESS HOTTIES! That speaks for itself.
    BOO Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fun! I happened upon you when I was twittering about knitting, a new hobby for me. Right off the bat, I fell for your humor, beginning with your title and bio. The martini picture didn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. rn terri11:53 AM

    Good luck with the job prospect. I know I am amazed at how everything has gone vampire crazy... I havent seen True Blood but it keeps popping up on my recommendations on Amazon. Let us know how the season progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed. Including about the second heel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look a new fan! Janice. How cool is that.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one about the vampirees. I tried twice to get into True Blood. Meh.

    I have a pair of socks half knit. They've been sitting there daring me to finish them for the last year.

    Good luck on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite frankly, sparklification powers should trump pretty much anything else, especially if you're otherwise the most qualified. And if they can't see that, they don't deserve you, but they should still give you a job, anyway.

    As for Y, well, it's been said. And Gah knows I've said it enough in teh past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still thinking of learning to knit. I've long dreamed of knitting socks, but if they're difficult for you, I'd never be able to do them. Oh, well. A scarf might be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It tasted like Disappointment. There's the title of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We'll keep fingers and paws crossed on the job thing. And when I was in NC? My Mom, who has been knitting for about 69 years knit and tore out a sock 3 times in the course of 3 days. So give yourself a martini for that heel work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Vuboq, your life is not that boring. You eat (and describe) delicious food. You have an exciting cast of foppish and sometimes mildly rakish characters in your life, including an ex who is camping in your apartment but not toasting his own marshmallows. I would watch a soap opera about you. Oh... I guess that's why I read your blog.
    Your everlong friend
    DUN

    ReplyDelete