Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crafty! Chardy!

Good Morning, Kittens!

Yesterday was quite fun and productive, in a totally not-job-hunting way. Alas, I did not win the MegaMillions lottery. Fortunately, no one else did either. $302 Million on Friday. It will be mine. Srsly.

ANYWAY, rather than wallow in my non-millionaire-ness, I decided to make use of the duct tape I purchased the other day for some temporary pipe repair (and it worked, btw).

I made a wallet! It is purple! and cute! See:

First Duct Tape wallet. not sure if i like.

You can make one too
.

I also did laundry.
And I cooked dinner ... Rainbow Chard sauteed in thai basil pesto (this recipe, except I used cashews instead of peanuts and yellow onion instead of shallots) with rice:

Dinner is served!

Tasty!

Later, SCGB, Y, and I headed into the District to a "thing" hosted by SCGB's DJ friend at the Rock 'n' Roll Hotel. It was very lounge-y. Cheap beer. Downstairs, some band, Cobra Starship, was performing. Teeny-Bopper Jail Bait were everywhere. It was ... disconcerting.

Once home, I watched a bit of Mad Men season 1 before hitting the sack.

Stay tuned. I have finished reading Julie & Julia. Hope to write a mini-review soon.

Have a great day.
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. That is, hands down, the gayest use of duct tape I have ever seen.

    (Here's where I start hinting for one, except I still have my eye on some pottery pieces I saw in your apartment.)

    xo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it completely made from duct tape or has some kind of base that is then covered in duct tape?

    It is certainly very "you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly11:10 AM

    if my neighbor saw that wallet, she would steal it from you, as she likes everything (and I do mean EVERY THING) purple.

    I will pass the instructions on to her.

    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Cobra Starship is the music child of Fall Out Boy in particularly Pete Wentz. Apparently he and one of the Cobra Starship dudes were in a failed band together. This I know thanks to Twitter. Were they any good? Cool wallet, further proves my theory duct tape can be used for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the front of my local craft store is a in of various colored duct tape and a display of items made with it. Wallets (yours is cuter), purses and even a vest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wallet. You gonna try the prom dress next? It's a real show-stopper, I hear.

    I did the lounge thing when I was a teeny-bopper. Creeps me out just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete