Wednesday, August 05, 2009

If I Weren't So Durnk, I'd Be Stressed Out

Good Morning, Kittens!

The first of (what I'm sure will be many) Unemploymentiversary presents arrived the other day: Jose Andres' cookbook, Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America. If you don't know, Jose Andres is the chef/owner of my favorite restaurant in DC, Jaleo. Chock full of yum that place is. I am so excited to own his cookbook. I've been flipping through it picking out all the yummy things I want to make. Thanks so much to the lovely, Ms. Eight Lives Left!

Meanwhile, yesterday was filled with fun and excitement ... and naps. Even thought I was totally exhausted after my Day with David and my Date, I could not fall asleep. I tossed and turned until nearly 4am. *ugh*

So, this morning, after my coffee (and a special guest star who provided some fun buttsecks), I took a nap. Then went out for lunch, came home, and took another nap.

Eventually, I got up with David and we arranged to meet at Nellie's for Happy Hour. At Takoma station, this totally tweaked out twink latched on to me and followed me to the bar, babbling the entire time but not really listening to what I was saying. For example:

TOT: Where are you going?
V: Nellie's
TOT: Oh. That's cool.
(pause)
(pause)
(pause)
TOT: So, where are you going?

Once we got to the bar, David was very patient with him. He (David) is a kind soul. I am too bitter. We had a good time at Nellie's (and David has some photos which I'm sure he will post at some point). Eventually, we ditched the TOT and headed to David's friend's home so David could get cleaned up before dinner.

For dinner, David, the friend, and I met David's blogger friend, Carl (I've read his blog before but can't remember the URL) at a middle eastern place, Veranda. I've walked by there countless times, because it's on the way to Mike Who Makes Cakes' home. Nice to know it's a decent place to go.

Then, I headed home ... and had pretty amazing Metro Karma. Hurrah.

Today is going to be quite busy. Helping a neighbor with yard mowing. Laundry. Pottery. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Have a lovely day!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Wait -- You and David are dating? I am so confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GayProf: Sorry for the confusion. The Day with David was different from the Date. For example, the Day with David was fun, but exhausting. The Date (with Not David) was tedious and exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly9:17 PM

    tonight some of my knitting group members were admiring the "yarn mug" you made for me...and they were jealous!

    I had a handmade mug with handpainted yarn in it and I am knitting my first lace scarf. I have such creative friends!

    ReplyDelete