Friday, August 21, 2009

Good Morning, Kittens!

Happy Friday! Did everyone watch Project Runway 6 last night? Or should we withhold discussion until you watch the reruns over the weekend? I didn't get to watch the All-Star Special, nor did I stay up for Models of the Runway, but I was able to catch the actual show. And, all I can say is "Hallelujah! It's Back!"

Besides the tv watching, yesterday was quite a busy day. First, I met the wonderful Ms. Clio Bluestocking for Boozy Lunch at Adega. It was fun. And Boozy! AND, I got to hear all about her New Man! I am not going to spill all the deets here though (sorry). It's her sordid and tawdry tale of luv to tell.

After lunch, I metro'ed into DC to do some yarn shopping. I bought two skeins of beautiful yarn for a special (and secret) knitting project. I love the yarn and the colors! So pretty and soft. I was also looking ofr some gold or silver metallic thread, but the yarn shop didn't have any. I remembered there was a fabric store near Dupont Circle, so that became my next destination.

Unfortunately, the fabric store near Dupont Circle is no more. As I was wandering around aimlessly, trying to decide what to do next, I realized I was only a few blocks away from Carolyn's office. So, I called her and we met for an Iced Coffee. Did I mention it was Hot as Fork?

Carolyn went back to work, and I walked to Adams Morgan for a Birthday Happy Hour for Maura (the German's Girlfriend). Do you remember the German? SCGB's former roommate? Well, he's back visiting the Girlfriend. Super fun to see him and his dreamy blue eyes again.

After the happy hour, SCGB drove us home and I knat and ate and watched PR6. Fun times, Kittens. Fun times.

My only big weekend plan this weekend is helping to host SCGB's Popsicle-Themed Birthday Party at Mike (Who Makes Cakes)'s House tomorrow. Should be a good time.

Have a great day!
*smooches*

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about the party. A Popsicle-themed party sounds perfect for late August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dunno what your sooper sekrit knitting is, but it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly11:21 AM

    LERVE the yarn color! I have something similar in knitpicks swish - yeah, I know, swish...

    wonder what the sooper sekrit project is?????

    and we want ALL the sordid deets on the popsicle party on monday!

    ahve a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, when the rest of the class has caught up, Bossy wants to talk Project Runway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about making tequila popsicles for the party? You could use your chili-infused vodka and there must be worms in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Negotiations with New Man about New Man and his appearance on the blog have concluded. New Man post coming soon. Still, you got more of the story than I agreed to post about.

    ReplyDelete