Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good Morning, Kittens.

Yesterday, after remembering of a couple obligations, I postponed my trip to the yarn shop. I'll be heading down there this afternoon instead. Also, since Y was going to be out for most of the morning/afternoon, I had extra incentive to stay home and enjoy my place.

I did laundry. And I met with some contractors a neighbor had hired to work in his apartment while he is on vacation. Then, I wandered up to the likker store and grocery store.

The other day, I had a chat with GayProf and he inspired me to try chile-infused tequila (pictured). As luck would have it, El Jimador (the tequila the 'Prof recommended) was on sale - $17.99 for a fifth. Score! I only used 3 green chiles and one red one. I wonder if it will be spicy enough? I suppose we will know in about a week.

At Whole Foods, I bought the fixin's for dinner:

Nom.  Nom. Nom.

A Thai-esque stir-fry consisting of tofu, zucchini, red onion, heirloom tomatoes, cashews, chilies (from the garden!), and Thai and purple basil (from the garden!), served over rice.

It was spicy deliciousness. Srsly. Nom.

Later, SCGB came down to discuss his birthday party (and to help me download the first episode of Mad Men Season 3 -it's on my iShuffle memory drive thingie, but it doesn't work on my older laptop. So I need to download iTunes onto my netbook and hopefully it will work there ... or I can watch it on my iNano, I suppose). ANYWAY, SCGB's birthday is going to be Popsicle Themed. I am going to make Bellini Popsicles. And we are going to have other cocktails in which regular nonboozy popsicles will be used as the garnish/stirrer. For example: vodka + vanilla coke + cherry popsicle or vodka + lemonade + lemon popsicle.

Today, I'm meeting the lovely Ms. BlueStocking for lunch at Adega. Then, I will venture forth to the yarn shop, and around 5 head to a birthday happy hour in Adams Morgan. Good Times.

Have a great sunshine day!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm. Boozy popsicles and popsicles with booze. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Whole Foods boycott? It's easy for me since they're an hour away and out of my way to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly10:46 AM

    I am SO jealous of you and clio getting together on a thursday at adega...for it was on a thursday in june that the 3 of us met at adega for a boozy lunch...but "the man" compels me to go to work...

    want pix of yarn!

    have a likker soaked day of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with Clio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be psychic and predict that you will find out about the new man in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo... i am an tofu super fan! sigh. i want the spicy tofu sooooo badly right now. with rice.

    Here I bought a sauce pack so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
    http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

    ReplyDelete