The Damp
Good Morning, Kittens.It's cold and damp. And gray. Coffee refill? Yes, please!
Pottery class was a mixture of the good and the bad. First, the bad ... perhaps, you remember this bowl? Well, apparently, someone in another class decided to pick it up and take a look ... and when the put it back, they broke it. Very sad. I was hoping to give the big bowl to the friend who gave me all his extra clay. Alas, I shall have to figure out something else to give him.
On the good side, I am *very* pleased with how the items I glazed last time came out (see handleless pitcher pictured). No photos yet of the other items, because they are surprise presents. As for the handleless pitcher, I am thinking of using rope ... or wire ... or something to construct a fun, funky handle. We shall see ...
I may go back to the studio today (or tomorrow) to do some hand-building to use up the last remaining bits of my clay. Fun times. Then, next class, I will do my final glazing.
In other exciting news (if you don't follow my facebook/twitter updates, that is), EPA is advertising yet another job for which I am perfectly qualified. However, there is a trick question on the essay portion. Question 7 reads "If you answered 'yes' to the previous question, please explain. (Essay Question)"
However, Question 6 is also an essay question. In fact, there are no yes/no questions at all. I have placed a call to the HR department. They are supposed to get back to me today. We shall see ...
Have a delicious day!
*smooches*
Bastids! I thought the very first thing you learned in pottery was DON'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF! Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI hope the EPA works out.
ReplyDeleteI hope EPA works out for you. It seems like a job there would be a perfect fit, especially since you worked there as a contractor. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteSending lots of good thoughts for the job opportunity!
ReplyDeleteThe correct answer is "Blue. No, RED!"
ReplyDeleteI could try and make you laugh again, but I think the same joke wouldn't play as well the second time.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteFie on the pottery breakers!
I may try that EPA question on the next test that I give.
Intriguing handle-less pitcher.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the EPA!