Friday, May 29, 2009

Critters

Good Morning, Kittens! Happy Friday!

A critter is eating my flower garden, chomping on cosmos seedlings like there is no tomorrow. I think it might be a bunneh. Or an elephant. Not sure which.

As long as it stays away from the bush basil I transplanted yesterday, I will be happy. I have plenty of cosmos seeds, but only one bush basil.

I have been unmotivated this week. I think the job hunt is getting me down. Dooby dooby down. Wah wah wah waaaaaah. It would be nice to hear *something* from at least one of the 6 (or was it 7) government jobs I've applied for this past Spring. Gah. It would also be nice to apply to some jobs this week, which I seem to be unable to do ... even though I've come across several interesting ads.

Last night, I dreamed I was stranded in the Philadelphia airport (with my brother!) because a hurricane had closed all the airports in DC. And I was wondering what to do because I didn't know anyone in Philly. But, then, I realized I did! Through blogging! But I didn't know how to contact any of them! So I tweeted my phone number. Wasn't that clever? Then, my brother and I started debating whether we should rent a car or not because DC is only 2.5 hours (or so?) from Philadelphia. And then the alarm went off. I certainly have exciting dreams, no?

My weekend plans?

Tonight is Tomokito's 40th Birthday Party Happy Hour at Nellie's. Why don't you join us (if you're in the neighborhood)? It'll be v. low-key. Just good friends and booze. What could be better than that? Hm. Maybe good friends and free booze?

Saturday, I'll be meeting some former co-workers for margaritas (and tequila shots, perhaps?) in the afternoon. Then, I may just hang out in DC (depending on the weather).

No plans for Sunday. I'll probably just stay home and be poor. That's always fun. Perhaps I'll be motivated to clean a bit. Perhaps not.

*smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Tomokito! (you baby, you!) We have plans or I'd totally come help you celebrate!

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been up for 5 hours, but apparently I'm still not awake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, clearly the problem is with the economy, because we all know it couldn't be with VUBOQ. It's also, apparently, with stupid HR people, since it's pretty obvious that VUBOQ is the best thing going.

    Everything in its own time, though, and meanwhile we'll keep the houseboy suite ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels are destroying my garden. They are really just rats with a better wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anne marie in philly11:56 AM

    you bet yer ass you know people in philly - me, bossy, and pesky!

    a thought - have you tried calling the HR depts. for the govt. jobs to which you applied? perhaps they need a kick in the ass to realize how fabu you are! and that NOT to hire you would be such a mistake on their part!

    have a good (and boozy) weekend, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NC Cuzin1:07 PM

    Menacing deer ate my butternut squash and my hostas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have critters too. My husband wants to buy a pellet gun. Ew.

    Have a shot of tequila for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy weekend, boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete