Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lunch and Death

Good Morning, Kittens!

Not much happened in Vutopia yesterday. I applied for a job (yay). I spent an inordinantly large amount of time prepping for our monthly Co-op board meeting, which ended up being quite short. We only have one major issue to decide and we still need a little more information. Carolyn stopped by prior to the meeting to pick up her prize for winning the 10% Refund Challenge drawing:

Grand Prize Plate

I should've taken her picture posing with the plate, but I didn't think of it at the time. Oh, well.

She also shared some unpleasant news: A former co-worker of ours committed suicide last month. I only worked with her for a year or so before she left for a better job, so I didn't know her very well. Still, it is sad.

Couple that with a woman who I knew while I lived in Japan recently passing away from cancer, and it makes me wonder who amongst my outer periphery of friends and acquaintances will be next...

Fortunately, I don't consider my blog readers and friends to be "outer periphery" so I know it won't be you :-) *whew*

And, now, in an abrupt change of topic, my plans for the rest of the week include lunch today with CNTBD, a hair appointment tomorrow ("as God as mah witness, ah will be blond again!"), and lunch on Friday with the fabulous Clio Bluestocking. Fun.

Have a great day. *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. That is sad about your former co-worker and the woman in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad, these deaths. Death often is a sadness, though, isn't it? So glad I'm not "outer periphery!"

    Good luck with the job hunt, once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri10:50 AM

    I agree with Java. My feeling, dying young or in my case "middle young" really sucks. I got out of oncology and went into pediatrics to get away from some of the sadness...

    ReplyDelete