Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Let's Be Friends

Good Morning, Kittens.

Rainy and cool here in Vutopia today and no plans on the agenda. I need to make a schedule so that I don't spend the entire week slowly merging with my sofa.

Anyway, yesterday was all right. I spent most of the day being horizontal and overhung. Then, I had a very late lunch (or early dinner?) at Eggspectations (which I don't really like, but we wanted breakfast food).

I came home and blobbed. I decided I wanted to drink something besides water, so I started some sun mugi-cha with teabags Tomokito gave me awhile back.

I used to make (and drink) mugi-cha in Japan all the time. We always called it "wheat tea" because mugi = wheat and cha = tea. However, I was reading about it last night on wikipedia and they called it "Roasted Barley Tea. Hm.

Anyway, that's a picture of it. Usually I boil it, but this time Ithought I'd make sun tea. Which is probably why it's raining. I have no idea when it will be ready. Maybe by this afternoon.

Moving on ... why do people say "Let's be friends" when they really mean "I never want to talk to you again?" I find it disingenuous and upsetting. I thought Tulsa William and I had ended on a good note with an agreement to be friends. But, I haven't heard from him hardly at all since I got back. If I initiate contact he'll respond (usually by a single short txt msg), but that's it. Frustrating and hardly indicative of actually wanting to be friends. Oh, well ... People are weird.

And it's time to make the coffee!

Have a great day! *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Let's be friends means Let's Be Friends On My Terms, which usually means After I'm Absolutely Quite Sure You Don't Still Want Me As A Boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Let's be friends" usually means "go away quietly" or "stick around as a convenient fall-back person for me." At least, that's my experience. It sucks for people who hear it and actually do want to be friends and can only assume that the other person is in earnest, or who say it and mean it but the other person thinks they mean the usual "go away quietly." All of which is to say, he is a dumbass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly8:22 PM

    yeppers, bossy and clio have it right. he is politely telling you goodbye.

    his loss.

    PS - my word is "ditzint"; describes mr. oklahoma pretty well.

    ReplyDelete