Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Damp

Good Morning, Kittens.

It's cold and damp. And gray. Coffee refill? Yes, please!

Pottery class was a mixture of the good and the bad. First, the bad ... perhaps, you remember this bowl? Well, apparently, someone in another class decided to pick it up and take a look ... and when the put it back, they broke it. Very sad. I was hoping to give the big bowl to the friend who gave me all his extra clay. Alas, I shall have to figure out something else to give him.

On the good side, I am *very* pleased with how the items I glazed last time came out (see handleless pitcher pictured). No photos yet of the other items, because they are surprise presents. As for the handleless pitcher, I am thinking of using rope ... or wire ... or something to construct a fun, funky handle. We shall see ...

I may go back to the studio today (or tomorrow) to do some hand-building to use up the last remaining bits of my clay. Fun times. Then, next class, I will do my final glazing.

In other exciting news (if you don't follow my facebook/twitter updates, that is), EPA is advertising yet another job for which I am perfectly qualified. However, there is a trick question on the essay portion. Question 7 reads "If you answered 'yes' to the previous question, please explain. (Essay Question)"

However, Question 6 is also an essay question. In fact, there are no yes/no questions at all. I have placed a call to the HR department. They are supposed to get back to me today. We shall see ...

Have a delicious day!
*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Bastids! I thought the very first thing you learned in pottery was DON'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the EPA works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope EPA works out for you. It seems like a job there would be a perfect fit, especially since you worked there as a contractor. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots of good thoughts for the job opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The correct answer is "Blue. No, RED!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could try and make you laugh again, but I think the same joke wouldn't play as well the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck!

    Fie on the pottery breakers!

    I may try that EPA question on the next test that I give.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing handle-less pitcher.

    Good luck with the EPA!

    ReplyDelete