Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Food and Such

Good Morning, Kittens.

Short post this morning. There should be a longer post this afternoon when I'm not so pressed for time (and believe you me the afternoon post will be a DOOZY!).

Instead you get to read about my dinner. It was delicious. Inspired by all the Cinco de Mayo tweets and posts, I decided to make a little taco-y salad for dinner.

It consisted of: a layer of mixed greens; topped with sauteed green squash and mushrooms; topped with diced tomato, red onion, and carrots; topped with spanish rice; topped with refried beans; topped with salsa and grated cheese; and surrounded by tortilla chips. OMG! It was so good. Yum yum yum SQUARED. And, then, I had a blueberry margarita on the rocks. Per.Fection.

and, now, I must get ready to head out. I'm meeting CNTBD for lunch at Jaleo (my favorite restaurant in DC, with the added bonus of having the best sangria too). Then, I'm heading to the pottery studio to finish up a few final things. Our last class is Monday. Hopefully, all I will have left to do is some glazing. Afterwards, the Great Pottery Give-Away begins! Woo hoo!

Have a great day! *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. And I thought your fave lunch place was Ageda =)

    Happy day-

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:39 AM

    I need some of your margarita recipes, they sound yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, taco salad! Eat extra for me (chips and salsa don't do well for the gaping holes in my gums this week).

    Is the doozy post good news?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on the doozy post! We're all ears over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anne marie in phily12:58 PM

    waiting with baited breath...on pins and needles...with fingers and arms and legs and toes crossed...AW HELL, JUST SPIT IT OUT ALREADY WILL YA!!!!!

    PS - word is "emingle"...e-mingle...we all do that here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your party, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this to you, but have you ever thought about selling your pottery? It's beautiful. Perhaps on etsy?

    ReplyDelete