Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Update: Party and Boats Edition

Good Afternoon, Kittens!

Saturday day was pretty much a wash. I slept. A lot. And then I took a nap. And then I had to run around like a crazy person because how did it get to be 530PM already and I need to leave the house at 6ish to get to Shallowgal's Birthday Party on time?

The party was at Dino in Cleveland Park. Lots and lots (and lots) of booze. And appetizers. And food ... like this:


which VUBOQ didn't eat, of course ... but there was also lots of vegetarian items. Hurrah. Shallowgal is so thoughtful and wonderful and has BOOBS OUT TO HERE*! Anyway, at the party I met lots of Shallowgal's friends. And, guess what? Not all Virginian Suburbanites are Scary! Isn't that great?

After the party, I staggered home, and ran into SCGB, who gave me a ride. Which was awesome because it was pissing it down rain.

Sunday morning, SCGB and I met Maura, the German's girlfriend, for brunch in DC. Fun times. She's so nice. And, she's heading to Germany in 3 weeks for a month. I am trying not to be too jealous.

After brunch, I headed to Georgetown to watch the Dragon Boat Festival on the Potomac. The Blogger Formerly Known as Pesky Mac was going to be there. Unfortunately, we were unable to meet up (wah!), mainly because I was underdressed and it was cold and windy and I left. I know, boo on me. BUT, I did see a couple of races, which was fun:


Once home, I took a nap, had a martini, and, then, met K-Factor at Adega for dinner! Weekend Date Night Special: 1 appetizer + 2 entrees + 1 bottle of wine = $35 + tax. It rocks! After dinner, we bought dessert at Whole Foods. We watched a movie at my place with SCGB and ate and drank more wine.

Fun times!

Have a great afternoon! *smooches*

*and VUBOQ now knows more than he ever really wanted to about "taping"

3 comments:

  1. Taping, schmpaing. PCSguy offered me a party or a boob job so I went with something we ALL could enjoy. (Next year, no promises!)

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the wind and rain, your hair look super cute!

    Was this taping for lifting or flattening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Shallow Gal, and you both have great hair in that photo!

    word verification: suckl

    heheheh

    ReplyDelete