Friday, April 23, 2010

Behold, What Light Through Yonder Window Breaks

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Thanks for all of your kind comments on my previous post.  I am fine (if one defines "fine" to mean "a little pissed off").  I felt totally excluded from the break-up decision-making process. But, what's done is done.  And, it was a relatively fun three (or so) months.
 
Yesterday, I returned all of the stuff I had borrowed or he had left at my place.  And, I picked up a few things of mine.  I was hoping to get a CD of the pictures that Ray took at my birthday party.  However, even though I had texted him at around 10AM, when I got there at 5:45, he had still not bothered to burn the CD.  In fact, after I put down my stuff he said, "Oh, we should start burning your CD."
 
To which, I replied, "I don't have time to wait.  I have to meet a friend for dinner around 6, so don't bother.  I will get the photos from Ray."
 
Bleah.
 
He asked if I had anything to say.  I said no.  He asked what would happen now and I said we will find out eventually.  All of this "how are you feeling" shit comes about 2 days too late, and I'm not going to say things just to make him feel better about himself.  I'm also not going to say intentionally hurtful things (although I could).
 
After leaving, I met my friend, CJ, for dinner at the Lebanese Taverna Cafe in Silver Spring.  So good to catch up with him.  While I was there, K-Factor texted.  She was in the area and had seen me.  After dinner, I met her at Whole Foods.  We stopped by the Silver Spring Library, and, then, she drove us home.  Yayz.
 
No big weekend plans yet.  Tonight, I'm meeting Mike (Who Makes Cakes) to return his cake carrier thing.  I think we're going to order out and watch movies or something.  Tomorrow is our co-op Yard Work Day (weather permitting) and I have an eye appointment.  I've decided to go back to contacts for awhile. I'm thinking it might be fun to go out dancing, but I need to email around to see if anyone else is interested.
 
Sunday and Monday (which I have off) will be spent relaxing, recovering, and enjoying life.
 
Have a happy Friday!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I'm out of town this week or I'd totally go dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I am so sorry about your breakup! They are the worst... I hope you heal quickly. You certainly sound like you are doing great : ).
    I am visiting via Bossy's blog comments tonight. Nice to meet you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you didn't drink! That is resolve. (I'm late I know but my blog reader was down.) Sorry about the BU but you sound remarkably balanced about it. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete