Thursday, April 15, 2010

Alcohol-Free (the Rest of) April and (Most of) May Update

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
I'm on Day 4 of No Booze and let me just say ... it SUCKS!  It's not that I miss that comfortably numb feeling one gets from a stiff martini (or seven).  Rather, I miss the routine: the coming home, making a martini, fixing a snack, and reading all the blog posts I can't read at work because they are blocked.  *sigh*
 
I am (sort of) cheating on the No Internet After Work thing, too.  If I get home and get all my work done, then I allow myself to check email.  So, last night, after finishing laundry, ironing two shirts, reading for a bit, and making dinner, I treated myself to 30 minutes or so online before collapsing around 10PM.  At least I am online less.  And, I may have some sort of Weekend Rule which will allow me to be online for an hour or so on days i'm not working.  We shall see ...
 
In other news, my SuperBusy Day today became suddenly less busy by 8:30AM.  I had to postpone one of the events I planned (a guest speaker from USGBC) because one of the Generals called a meeting which pushed back all the other meetings today which meant that no one would be around to hear the speaker.  He will be coming back in May.  Then, my 2PM meeting was postponed until the 22nd.  I am going to bet that my 4PM meeting will also be postponed.
 
At least I am still have my lunch date with the Canadian.  Yayz.
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. rn terri10:47 AM

    So proud of you doing the no alcohol thingy. I know I would be climbing the walls! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day after work I think about you and put an extra jigger in the shaker for you. Then I drink it.

    I really need to do what you're doing, if only to prove that I can!

    Oh and can't you look at the blogs via google reader or some other feed? Sure you can't comment but at least you can keep up.

    ReplyDelete