Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where Did the Morning Go?

Good Afternoon, Kittens!

Busy day at Casa de VUBOQ ... OK, not really. I'm just being uber lazy.

Lessee. Monday was full of fun and excitement. Somehow, my Crazy Neighbor has convinced me to host her Going Away Party in a couple of weeks. Which means she keeps coming by with plans and wanting me to do things and on and on and on ... She is providing all food, drinks, and utensils. So, really, all I have to do is Grin, Bear It, and Clean My Apartment. Anyway, yesterday she brought over a box full of cheap wine to serve. Today, she stopped by because she wants me to come pick up some things from her apartment. I told her to leave them in the hall and I'd get them at some point.

Oh, and last night, SCGB and I went to Adega for dinner. Grilled Tofu Wrap. Eggplant Fries. Wine. Major YUMMITUDE. Here's a photo of SCGB at the restaurant:

0615092018.jpgSuper Cute, No?


Once home, we went up to K-Factor's apartment for a couple of glasses of wine and conversation.

Today, I've been doing a little job hunting plus getting ready for the Board Meeting tonight. It should be lots of fun, because yesterday I ran one of my ideas by another Board Member about how to get more Co-op Residents involved in yardwork/landscaping and she said "No. I won't approve that."

At which point, I'm thinking, "Who do you think you are, Queen of the Co-op?"

But, what I said, "You are well within your rights to vociferously disagree, but it's a Board Decision. Feel free to come up with alternative ideas to present at the meeting." Because, srsly, if you don't like my ideas, come up with your own efffective solutions (and, btw, "Putting Up a Flyer" is *not* an effective solution).

It makes me very glad that I will be off the Board in 6 months.

In other news, I am thinking of expanding my job search to cities outside the DC/Metro Area, like Seattle, Philadelphia, and Chicago. Maybe a few others. Moving would suck. But it may have to be done.

Have a great day! *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Moving, huh? Probably a good idea to broaden your job search, though, as much success as you've had so far. Good luck, VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The board of the SG-VUBOQ Mututal Association Club took a vote (didn't you see the flyer?) and unanimously voted against you moving.

    xoxo, SG

    PS: Fine. DC's loss is someone else's gain, blah blah blah, other supportive noises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, if you're going to consider Chicago, then you should totes consider Boston. Then you'd only be an hour south of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seattle, Seattle, Seattle!

    ReplyDelete