Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thunderstorm Sandwich

Good Morning, Kittens!

It seems like summer may have arrived. Yesterday, around 6:30AM, I awoke to the crash and flash of a line of thunderstorms rolling through, creating havoc and setting off car alarms. I thought about the poor saps who had to go to work in that mess and fell back asleep. Ha!

The rest of the day was not productive. Can I blame the heat? I think I will.

Then, just after Martini Time, another line of thunderstorms passed by. Take a look at the Fabulous Ms. Bluestocking's photos of the storms here.

The storms passed, and in the rain, SCGB and I headed over to our friends' house for dinner. We had a yummy mixed greens salad with strawberries, portabello mushrooms caps, and quinoa with black beans. Tasty tasty.

After dinner, we played darts in the basement. Good times!

SCGB and I got home a little before 11, and I decided to watch Gypsy (with Rosalind Russell and Natalie Wood) on DVD. It was slightly different from what I remembered. It's possible I saw another version back in the day. Anyway, love it.

Around 2, I finally dragged myself off the sofa and went to bed. As I walked around the house turning off the lights, this happened:



If you can't tell from the pictures, it's the globe from the light fixture/fan in my dining nook. The screws must have vibrated loose just enough so that when I reached up to turn it off. KAH-RAAAASH! Ugh. I think the ceiling fan in the spare room is the same size. Hopefully, I'll be able to use that globe to replace the smashed one.

No going barefoot in Casa de VUBOQ for awhile though.

Have a great day! *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Is it time yet for us to find out about the Big Secret you hinted about last week? Hope it's soon (and good).

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly12:46 PM

    make sure isabella doesn't hurt her paws on the broken glass!

    the same goes for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! I've had that happen a time or two. A damp mop helps get all the little shards of glass off the floor.

    ReplyDelete