Friday, June 26, 2009

Meanwhile ...

Good Afternoon, Kittens.

I have almost fully rehydrated (huzzah!), so here's a little bit more on my day yesterday ...

Anne-Marie from Philly came to visit for the day. We met around 10:30 in the morning, and I forced her to run some errands with me (bank and likker store). Then, we wandered over to Adega for wine ... and lunch. The lovely Ms. Bluestockingtales joined us there. The food was yummy. Mmm. Mmm.

Then, we drove back to my place for knitting and Xanadu and Mad Men, Season 1 and martinis and more knitting. Anne-Marie gave Isabella a hand-knit catnip-filled toy (which Isabella LOVES) and she brought me a bottle of Philadelphia-made gin (which I *know* I am going to LOVE ... once I open it). Which may be this weekend.

Time flew by and Anne-Marie had to catch the bus back to Silver Spring. *wah*

Ms. Bluestockingtales and I continued to watch Mad Men. Then, K-Factor and SCGB came down around 8 and we all had ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. YUM!

Today, I am going over to Heather's for lunch. I've made a chickpea salad of sorts with a mint lime dressing. Then, I will watch more Mad Men and, perhaps, eat more ice cream. One never knows about these things.

Tomorrow, I am participating in the Breathe DC Clean Air Metro Walk with Carolyn and Ms. Bluestockingtales.

Then, on Sunday, I am hosting a party for my crazy neighbor (more on this later). Srsly. Afterwards, I will *need* a drink. Or two. Or twelve.

And, finally, here is PROOF that I did attend the Michael Jackson HIStory Tour in Honolulu, HI on January 3rd, 1997:



And, a little larger:



(Hopefully you can click to embiggen).

While digging through my storage unit to find those pictures, I stumbled across this:

My name in the Kitakyushu, Japan, telephone directory. It's so funny that I ripped out the page and saved it ...



And, a little larger:



Have a great weekend.
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly4:31 AM

    I want to thank VUBOQ for his gracious hospitality, his lovely home, his friend clio, his cute kitteh, and his bartending skills during my visit.

    as for "xanadu"...meh!

    and yes, the visit was over way too soon! but lots of big fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrrrrrrrrrd Bossy misses all the fun left, right, and center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big name you have! But not very complex. Still, quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete