Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Update: Another Star for My Crown in Heaven Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

As some of you may know, in a former life, I was a high school biology teacher in a rural North Carolina town. The students were, how should I put this, not the brightest or the best behaved. Some days, my supervising teacher, after watching my students leave the class, would come across the hall and say, "you've earned another star for your crown in Heaven today."

On Saturday, Ms. Bluestockingtales and I met my friend, Carolyn, for the Breathe DC Clean Air Walk, a 5K walk around the Tidal Basin. The weather was beautiful and, afterwards, we walked up to Dupont Circle for margaritas at Alero. Yay.

Once home, I took a nice, long nap. Then, SCGB came down for drinks. Yay. Drinks. I spent the rest of the evening getting the house ready for Crazy Neighbor's Going Away Party.

To give you an idea of what I had to deal with for this party, here are a few pictures of things she had been dropping by my door "for the party":

But, the food was good. And some fun neighbors showed up. And I drank too much. So, all in all, despite the pre-party stress, it was pretty durn fun.

A few more party pix:


Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly12:39 PM

    I CANNOT believe some of the crap your neighbor left at your door for the party...flu care, tennis balls, animal crackers...WTF?????

    hopefully she will now move and you will be rid of her.

    hydrate yourself, you poor sweet thing!

    PS - word is "sings", as in VUBOQ sings the soundtrack to "singing in the rain"...(oooooh, alliteration!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want to clarify that the girl in the orange dress is NOT the krazy neighbor. however, she was encouraged by krazy neighbor wear that orange dress as her wedding attire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I was wondering what was up with the orange dress, since it appears elsewhere in the photostream. It's a way to go. Maybe not the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a party until somebody breaks out the package of flu care and goes for a tennis match in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were these things for the party or was she just unloading crap on you as she prepared to move? Three copies of "Great Speeches by Native American"?

    ReplyDelete