Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday?

Good Morning, Kittens.

Hope all is well in your world on this gloomy Wednesday. Hard to believe that we're two weeks into June and (a) I'm still unemployed and (b) it's in the 70s. Not that I'm complaining about either (especially the cool temperatures).

The Board meeting last night was not entirely awful. Other than, the Crazy Neighbor was crazy. And, two of the Board Members hate each other and are on opposite sides of an issue we are having. Joy. Fortunately, the Crazy Neighbor is moving at the end of the month. Although there will still be a major disagreement about the issue, at least the discussions won't be as uncomfortable.

On the bright side, we should be getting a new fence in the next few months. Hurrah. The old one is collapsing in places.

Meanwhile, Operation Get a Job in New City is in high gear! If you define "high gear" to mean "I haven't really done anything yet." I did stumble across two rather interesting positions in the DC area I need to apply for this week. So, we'll see ...

And, for my DC/Metro Area Peeps ... my good friend and pottery buddy, Carolyn, sent me the following email:

You are invited to join the Air Pollution Control (APC) 4 Clear Air Team today! There is no registration fee to walk for a great cause. I am looking to assemble a team of individuals to participate in the American Lung Association's DC Metro Walk on June 27th. If you are interested in participating in the 3.5 mile walk around the Tidal Basin on the National Mall please go to https://www.mrsnv.com/evt/e01/reg/preform.jsp?id=2436 and register to join the APC 4 Clean Air Team. Did you know that Washington DC has some of the worst air quality in the nation. High ozone levels are a common asthma trigger, and cleaning up the air will help everyone breath easier - especially those suffering from lung disease.


She's trying to assemble a team of 15 people. There's no registration fee and you don't have to commit to raising any money. If you're free on the 27th, why don't you join us?

Have a great day! *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly12:52 PM

    well, at least next thursday you will be having some wicked fun (I hope)!

    OMFG, my word is "pusie"...meows to isabella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, NYC. Now there's an interesting idea. I bet you'd love it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to drive Jake to camp that day or I'd totally walk.

    xoxo, A

    ReplyDelete