Friday, June 19, 2009

Greek-Style Orzo Salad

Good Morning, Kittens!

Last night, I made a super yummy dinner, Greek-style Orzo Salad, adapted from the recipe in How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman. It was super easy, too.

First, I made the dressing: In a food processor, I combined 1/4 cup olive oil, juice of one lemon, a clove of garlic, salt, pepper, and a cup of fresh lemon mint and oregano (both of which I got from the garden). OMG. The dressing was so good!

Then, in a large bowl, I gently tossed sliced grape tomatoes (maybe 1.5 cups?), a can of sliced black olives, half a thinly diced red onion, and some feta with the dressing. The feta was not hard and crumbly though (it was really soft), so it sort of blended with the dressing rather than staying in distinct little crumbles.

Finally, I mixed it all with half a package of cooked and rinsed orzo. Served on spinach. And a big glass of Chef's Little Helper (Greek Retsina).

Delicious! Omg. So Good. SCGB came down for a taste too.

No big weekend plans so far this weekend. Although I am trying to organize a little Summer Solstice Gathering with the neighbors on Sunday. Summer! Solstice! HURRAH!

Have a Happy Friday! *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Ah, and of course the photo wouldn't be complete without Chef's Little Helper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the dinner inspiration! joe will be appreciative. a cousin just sent me a food processor as a wedding gift, and this will be its inaugural use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly12:00 PM

    thursday's a-comin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, after all the fussing and fretting on facebook over the feta (oooh, alliteration), I thought you had company coming over. This was just for yourself? Kiddo, you need to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salad recipe looks and sounds delicious. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am *so* making that salad this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete