Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rowr.

Good Morning, Kittens!

Gray. Cloudy. Not much to see here.

The tea-infused vodka is finished. And delicious. To make it, I combined about 3 tablespoons (maybe more, I didn't really measure) of orange pekoe tea leaves and 750 mL of vodka in a glass jar. Then, I put the jar in a cool, dark place and waited until it (the vodka, not the jar) became tea colored. Which didn't take nearly as long as I thought - less than 2 days. Actually, it may have been about 24 hours, but I can't remember when I started the infusion.

I tried two different cocktails. First, I mixed about 2 oz of tea vodka with a couple of spoonfuls of simple syrup over lots and lots of ice. It tasted just like sweet tea. Yum.

Second, I mixed 2 oz of tea vodka with about 4 oz of lemonade. Over ice. Also teh Yumz.

I'm sure using orange pekoe tea isn't necessary. It's what I had in the cupboard.

For dinner, I made one of my typical summertime meals: Couscous Salad = (Couscous + black beans + corn + red onion) x [(olive oil + lime juice + 2 dried chilies + salt)/food processor]. Spoon some over baby spinach leaves. Chock full of yumminess.

Have a great day. *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I will be trying it in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. Sounds très yummy. Will definitely give that one a try.

    ReplyDelete