Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Funemployment?

Good Morning, Kittens!

I can't remember where I saw the original link to this article, but, like, wow, hello my life ... just without the 'fun' part.

Yesterday, I didn't do much of anything until a friend called and wanted to meet in DC for dinner. I demurred, as I have been spending too much money recently. But, then, the friend said those three magic words: I will pay.

Woo hoo!

It's amazing his call came through because I think my nearest cell phone tower is totally forked up. I can barely get a signal. And calls are being dropped. It's v. frustrating.

Anyway, I invited SCGB to join us for dinner. We went to Alero in Dupont Circle. I had the Alero Salad and SCGB and I split a pitcher of margs. Mmmm. I love Margs and Mexican Food. After dinner, SCGB thought about checking out another bar or two, but places were pretty dead on this Monday evening. We ended up taking a casual stroll around the Gayborhood and, then, heading back home.

Tonight, we are going over to Mario and Sarah's house for dinner. Should be a fun time.

Have a great day! *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. "It really suggests there has been that generational shift that work is not the be all and end all,"

    Once again, I've found myself way ahead of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your ability to find fun in most situations. Obviously unemployment is not fun, but you have some great friends, you live in a busy city with lots of fun activities available, and you know how to have fun.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funemployment? Yeah, it's all fun and games until you get sick, or the money runs out, or you get a heart attack worrying about where your next meal is coming from. What an insipid article! Are you sure that you didn't first see it in The Onion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am still mostly unemployed, and I feel your financial pain. The economy's gotta look up soon though, right?

    ReplyDelete