Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Update: Pride Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

What an odd experience this Pride was. I mean, I was mostly sober for the whole thing. Weird. But, it was still fun.

Saturday, after an intense (and frustrating) morning of yard work, I spent the afternoon planning my outfit for the parade. It's so important to look cute(r) for these kind of things. Balloons and furry Uggs? Not my look. I opted for skinny jeans from UniQlo and an awesome Secretworm T-shirt (You, too, can be Just as Cool as VUBOQ by clicking here).

Before the parade, Jerry had a small gathering at his home to show off his newly remodeled kitchen. Fun times! Free booze! Hurrah! I left with Mike, Brian, Gerardo, and Kerry (a woman we met at the party who was v. cool) to stake out a fun spot along the parade route. We ended up at JRs "Beer Garden". And, then, it got really crowded and unpleasant, so Mike and I walked down the street a bit to a less populated part of the route. Much. Nicer.

The parade was awesome ... but loooooooooooooong. So many churches. and politicians (and not enough Cute Guys Dancing in Their Underwear). As I mentioned to someone, DC's Pride Parade always reminds me of a small town parade, but with more people. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. That's just how it is.

After the parade, I met Ray and his new BF for chinese food at City Lights in Dupont. Then, I went out to the clubs, met this cute guy, went back to his place and had superhot sex all night caught the bus back to Silver Spring and uploaded my pictures to Flickr.

Sunday, after a leisurely morning, I headed back into the District to the Pride Street Festival. First, I stopped by the DC Cowboys booth to say hi to my friend, Robert. We talked for awhile but the booth was really popular. Then, I met up with Mike, Atul, Brian, and Gerardo. And -guess who else was there?- my ex-BFF, Robert. Surprise! He didn't seem happy to see me. And I ignored him. Eventually, he left, and Tiger joined us. Yay.

We sat in the shade until the festival headliners came onstage. Then, we moved in for a (slightly) closer look. Martha Wash! It's Raining Men! RuPaul! Covergirl! OMG! So much fun. I took some crappy cellphone video. And some crappy pix. I totally *heart* RuPaul, but girl must've had a rough night last night. The voice wasn't quite there, if ya know what I mean.

The show ended. Mike, Tiger and I went to the Alero on U St for dinner. Spinach Enchiladas! Margaritas! Then, we wandered down the street to Nellie's to meet back up with Brian, Gerardo, and Atul ... I stayed for a minute, but was tired and decided to come home.

All in all, a pretty fantastic weekend.

Pictures are on Flickr in the Pride 2009 Set. Unfortunately, there aren't too many from the Street Festival. I wasn't all that inspired.

Have a great day! *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Happy pride, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun! Wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete