Monday, June 01, 2009

Weekend Update: Bad Mommy Edition

Good Morning, Kittens! I hope you had a fun-filled festive weekend full of frolic and fabulosity!

My weekend was chock full o' Boozy Goodness. On Friday, we celebrated Tomokito's birthday at Nellie's. Then, we had dinner at Alero on U Street. I would have taken more pictures except I forgot to charge my camera batteries. About 5 pix into the evening, the batteries died. Wah.

Oh, well. Take my word for it: A good time was had by all.

Saturday, I managed to make it to DC to meet a former co-worker (you may remember her as the "skankified ho" ... now reformed) for a late lunch. We went to Lauriol Plaza. After 3 margaritas and 2 shots of Don Julio Silver (in memory of another former co-worker) and 3 sheets to the wind, we left the restaurant and wandered into a bar on U St., Polly's. Much more booze was consumed. I left the Skankified Ho (reformed) with some of her friends and met K-Factor and SCGB's roommate in Downtown Silver Spring for dinner. We went to McGintys. More beer. Oh. Look. Someone bought a round of vodka shots!

After dinner, the three of us watched Vicky Christina Barcelona at my place. And, can I just say that that was the LONGEST 1.5 hour movie EVER. OMG. Full of teh suck. Why did people like it so much? Do they feel that Woody Allen can do no wrong? Well, he did a lot wrong with this flick. It was boring. Pointless. And the narration was grating. Javier Bardem was worth watching (he should have been naked more. A lot more). And Penelope Cruz did a fine job as well. Not sure it was an Oscar-worthy performance though.

Sunday. Very. Groggy. All. Day. In the morning, I made more Mugi-Cha. And I sowed the Seeds of Love Basil. I planted three kinds of basil: sweet basil, lemon basil, and Thai basil. I hope they survive. I totally heart the basil. My poppy seeds seem to be sprouting too. Hurray for Operation Opium Den!

Later in the day, K-Factor and I walked to the park to play Death Croquet. Fun! In fact, we invented a new version of Death Croquet: Competitive Death Croquet, in which the participants race to complete the course rather than winning with the fewest strokes! It was exhausting. Tomokito and Baby Hana joined us for a bit as well.

And, that was my weekend. Total Good Times, yo.

Have a super Monday!
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. rn terri10:31 AM

    Sounds like so much fun! I know what you mean about critters in your garden, a rabbit keeps eating my hostas and another one gives birth in my planting barrel EVERY year. I love the baby bunnies and all, but WTH? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear god, YES on Vicky Christina Barcelona! When it was over I thought, "what the hell?" And "Woody Allen really hates women." Proof in point, he would have had more nekkid Javier -- or more nekkid Penelope because she ain't bad either. Instead it was, "here's a bunch of cra-zee bitchez."

    But that's not the point here, is it? The point is Operation Opium Den. Really, start filming. Post on YouTube. Set up a PayPal account. Tell people to donate or the bunny gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was only 1.5 hours long??! It felt like days and days to me. I wasn't a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne marie in philly12:23 PM

    it's a wonder your liver doesn't just call it quits...

    competetive death croquet sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah, but you don't like any movies gayprof.

    I think it was the overintoxication that made it so dull for you. I dug it.

    ReplyDelete