Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Unexpected Holiday

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
My plans for yesterday started off with the best intentions.  I was going to get up early (like 5AM) to go for a run before getting ready for work.  Well, that didn't happen.  Instead, I hit snooze a couple of extra times. 
 
My commute to work was uneventful ... until I turned the corner and noticed a large group of people standing outside the building.  Just then, my phone rang.  "The power's out," said one of my co-workers.  "Great," said I.  After about an hour of dithering, they made the decision to send us all home for the day (yay!).
 
On my way home, I stopped by the Whole Foods and did some much needed grocery shopping.  I also bought a lottery ticket, because I was feeling lucky!  Once home, I learned that K-Factor's office also didn't have power.  We decided to do a boozy lunch - pasta salad, hummus, cheese, and beerz.  Later, I joined her on a Quest for Craigslist Furniture in Prince Georges County.  Unfortunately, the desk did not fit her needs.  Fortunately, the desk did not fit her needs (because I didn't really want to have to help carry that thing down three flights of stairs).
 
We returned to the co-op and I took a quick nap.  Yay.  Napz!
 
Around 5PM, K-Factor and I drove to the pottery studio.  She picked up a plate she had made last session.  I was planning on glazing my 5 mugs ... except they were still in the kiln.  Gah!  I guess I will glaze them next session.  Poop.  K-Factor left, and I read my nook while waiting for D to meet me.  He arrived around 6:45 and we went to Franklins in Hyattsville for dinner.  It was nice.  Good beer.  Nice food.  Fun conversation with a cute guy.  He dropped me off at Fort Totten metro station and home I went.  It would be nice to have some alone time with him at some point.  Maybe when I return from NYC.
 
I might have a busy day today.  Have a great one!
*smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment