Friday, July 23, 2010

Sometimes Reading About My Life Makes Me Very Tired

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
I had a date last night.  It was supposed to start between 7:30-8, but he called around 7:15 to say he was running late.  That was cool, because I was heading up to hip, happenin' Downtown Silver Spring to read and wait.  I was almost finished with The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet.  I chilled out at the Panera and read and waited.  And waited.  And waited.  And waited.  And then he called and said he was leaving his house and would be there in 20 minutes.  I finished my book, which was really good.  It's the story of a Dutch man in late 1700/early 1800 Japan (on the Dutch outpost, Dejima, which is off the coast of Nagasaki).  The story was complicated and twisty and happy and sad.  There was romance and love and disaster and good luck and bad fortune and revenge.  Creepy priests, honorable interpreters, and spies.  It was fun and fascinating way to relive my experiences in Japan (while living on the Island of Kyushu in the mid 90s, I made several trips to Nagasaki - one of which was for the sole purpose of eating Chinese food (Is that weird?  They *do* have really good Chinese food there)) and to discover a little unknown (if fictionalized) history.  I'd definitely recommend it. 
 
Still waiting for the date, I purchased another book (on my Nook),  One Day.  Which -so far- I am enjoying.  It's a fun summer romance (so far), although I hear that it becomes (or parts of it are) quite a tear-jerker.
 
At 9:15 (fifteen minutes before I was set to chuck it all and go home), my date shows up, apologizing profusely.  You know, the normal excuses - work, traffic, blah blah blah.  Still, he's cute.  And I like him.  So I forgave him.  I'm easy like that.
 
this was our 3rd date.  It ended with a short kiss.  And for those of you keeping track, this is D.  Refresher:  A = the sex-date/friend who reminds me physically of the cheating cheater.  B = the date where SCGB caught us making out in B's car (no progress on B.  He texts/emails and says he's interested.  But when I ask when he's free, he never responds.).  C = hm.  I can't remember how I described him.  But I have a 2nd date planned with C next Tuesday. 
 
And, this weekend (tonight, actually), I am supposed to have a first date with E.  We're going to the movies.  Or dinner.  Or something.
 
But, I digress, after my really fun date with D (which ended with a short kiss.  Did I mention that already?), I went home. As I was trying to get ready for work the next day, I stepped in something wet in the kitchen.  "Ugh.  Cat vomit," I thought.  I turned on the light and cleaned up the watery mess. 
 
This morning, there was more water in the same spot.  "Ack," I thought.  "Leaky kitchen sink."  I checked the leak that I had sealed with duct tape.  It was fine.  But there was a fine layer of water under the sink.  Finally, I spotted the culprit:  a quiet drip near where the cold water comes out of the wall.  I tried to turn off the pipe, but it seems to be rusted shut.  So, I put a bucket under the drip and, a la Scarlett O'Hara, said "Fiddle-dee-dee.  I'll think about that tomorrow."  And, then, I said, "As Gawd as mah witness, I'll never be hungry again!"  And, then, I ate a carrot.
 
Weekend plans, besides aforementioned date with E ... Saturday, I need to scour my bathroom (and, apparently, try to fix my kitchen sink) and create a video for Bossy's contest.  I could certainly use a new mattress.  My current mattress was purchased in 1993, which means it is about ready to graduate high school.  I am also supposed to see Inception with Mike (Who Makes Cakes), but, depending on my cleaning progress, I may have to back out.  I am wondering if I'll be able to schedule a rendezvous with A later in the evening ... hm ....
 
Sunday, I am going to the pottery studio for the final time this Summer Session.  I hope that my mugs have been bisque-fired and are ready to glaze.  Then, I am scheduled to have dinner with my friend, Bobert.
 
So there you have it.  Happy Friday and have a great weekend!  *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted and have to go back to bed. I don't know how you keep up. Must be the carrots. I'd rather step in water than cat vomit though. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who complained they have no life cause all they did was laundry one night, you are QUITE the social buttefly!

    Glad you can keep track of the men, cause I'm totally lost. But you've juggled dates X, Y AND Z into the mix, you sir, will be my idol!

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how do you juggle all the menz? I'm jealous! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing says love like stepping in something wet in the dark and wondering if your sink is dripping or if the cat has thrown up... As for the mattress graduating high school? For some reason I find that hilarious (from a 'turn-of-phrase' perspective, not a 'oh-my-aching-back' sort of way)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking my first pottery class tonight - if I have half as much fun with it as you do, it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete