Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday is the New Monday

Good morning, Kittens!
 
And, we are back to work!  (yay.)
 
Yesterday was super-fun and busy.  In the morning, after A left (or should I say "came and went?" *ahem*), I ironed my shirts for the week.  However, after burning myself twice on the iron, I decided the Ironing Gods were displeased and didn't want me to do any more.  So I stopped.
 
Then, I heading to DC to meet Nida and Mike (Who Makes Cakes) for a lateish lunch at Guapos in Tenleytown ... except after waiting about 20 minutes for Mike, I texted him to see when he would be there and he was all "Oops.  I forgot.  Go ahead without me."  *sheesh*  Srsly.  I am beginning to wonder about his mental state.  We talked the evening before to set up the time/place.  At least Nida was there and we had a fun chat about life! 
 
After we parted, I had a little time to kill, so I went to the National Portrait Gallery and sat in the Courtyard for awhile.  I thought about wandering through the Norman Rockwell exhibit, but I didn't think I had enough time to see the whole thing.
 
Next, I went to the pottery studio ... I put the finishing touches on two mugs and I made three handbuilt mugs.  I was supposed to meet Date D for an after-pottery studio coffee (or something), but he texted and had to work late.  So, I headed home, ate a sandwich, and blobbed on the sofa for the rest of the evening.
 
All in all, a pretty full day off.  Yay!
 
Today, after work, I am getting re-blonded.  And, possibly, meeting my friend, Jerry, for drinks/dinner.  Suh-WEET!
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the National Portrait Gallery! An the courtyard, yeah. So peaceful. unless a flock of school kids are screaming their way through it.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete