Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Update: It's Too Darn Hot Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

Happy Monday! At least, it's a happy Monday for me, because I am OFF! Yay! Three day weekends are the Best. Things. EVAR! (except for maybe 4 day weekends).

So, my weekend thus far ...

Friday after work, I had plans to meet some friends to see Stonewall Uprising. I had some time before the movie, so I went to Macy's and bought a new white belt. Then, I wandered down to Barnes and Noble. I hooked up my nook and was able to read the first couple chapters of One Day for free. It started out fun. I may read that next, once I finish The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet.

A little before 7 I walked to the theater. Several of my friends canceled last minute, but -fortunately- I had anticipated that and had a backup plan, a date (would this be "D"? I'm losing track). D and I had gone out about a month or so ago, but then he disappeared. Turns out he was traveling for work. When I spoke to him online on Thursday, he was all "Do you have dinner plans on Friday?" So, I invited him to the movie. And then we went out to dinner. It was really fun. Nice guy. I hope to see him again (perhaps this evening!).

The movie, itself, was good. I didn't know much about Stonewall, so it was great hearing people's stories of the event. And, it's always a bit shocking to see how gay people were treated prior to the Pride Movement. I'm glad I was born in a more enlightened age. Speaking of being born, D and I determined that I was more than likely in utero when Stonewall happened. Could it be possible that the Stonewall Uprising made me gay??? Something to think about ...

Saturday, I hitched a ride with Tomokito, her husband, and Baby Hana, to attend the baptism of our new neighbor, Forrest. As luck would have it, I did not burst into flames when I entered the Chapel. Nor did lightning strike me when I whispered an inappropriate comment to Maura. *whew*

This is what I wore:

I feel like i'm rocking some sort of weird 70s vibe. isnt this what  people wear to Catholic baptisms?Cute, no?


Once home, I took a nap. Mmm. Nap. Then, I went for a run. After dinner, I watched Once and knitted. I am 8 rows from finishing Forrest's baby present, the Never-Ending Baby Blanket of Doom. Yay!

Once was a lot better than I had anticipated. I did not like the Oscar-winning song, "Falling Slowly," when I first heard it (during the Oscars ... in 2007?). However, sung in context, I did like it. And hummed it for most of the day on Sunday. Annoying.

Sunday, I went to the pottery studio. I got two pieces back. That wacky vase/pitcher thing pictured above. And a bowl. I also attached handles to two mugs. And made another bowl.

Then, I met SCGB at Mi Rancho for a late lunch. I had salad. And lots and lots of beer.

When I got home, I took a nap. And at 8PM, A came over for a little ... um ... fun. Or a lot of fun, as I am kind of sore this morning.

And, that was my weekend. Today: lunch with Nida and Mike (Who Makes Cakes), pottery studio, and possible dinner with D. I also need to iron for the week. And maybe go to the grocery store.

Have a fantastic Monday! *smooches*

1 comment:

  1. I am Most Happy to hear that you did not burst into flames. That would have sucked, not to mention that it would have totally thrown a dampener on the whole baptism thing. (Although could they have put you out with holy water? These religious intricacies are beyond my understanding...)

    ReplyDelete