Friday, July 09, 2010

On the Cusp

Good Morning, Kittens! 
 
And, it is Friday!  Hurrah!  Which puts me one day closer to having a working air conditioner.  I still don't know what day that is, but it's CLOSER!  Srsly.
 
Last night was fun.  After work, I had a first date scheduled with this guy (let's call him "B").  We were going to have happy hour at McGinty's in Silver Spring.  I got there a little early, ordered a beer, and called up "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" on the Nook.  Then, I got a text from B.  He was stuck in bad traffic.  UGH.  Three beers later (and an almost finished book), he arrived.  First impressions?  Nice looking. Older (he's 44).  Shorter than I thought.  Interesting conversationalist, but worked a bit too hard at trying to "read" me.  I find that slightly annoying, sort of like the way Mr. Not-So-Fantastic used to categorize everyone by their signs.  B did it with psychobabble and philosophy. 
 
Unfortunately, he had to leave early.  He drove me home and we made out for a minute in his car.  Apologies to SCGB who walked by and saw us.
 
Once inside, I got out of my work clothes, made some toast, had some water, and then went upstairs for a quick drink with SCGB (who's heading to NYC this morning.  Hate him).  Crashed on my air mattress at K-Factor's awesome air-conditioned pad and finished reading "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest."
 
Plans for the weekend?  Tonight, I am going to a little birthday gathering for the Canadian at Bistro du Coin.  Then, we are heading over to the Russia House for after dinner drinks.  I invited A to join us there.  If all goes according to plan, I will be going back to A's home for a little somethingsomething and a lot of air conditioning.
 
Saturday, I head home, do some cleaning, take care of the kitty.  And, in the afternoon, I am going to Pentagon City for a coffee date with (I don't know, should we call him "C"?).  Yes, you are counting correctly.  3 dates with 3 different guys in one weekend.  When it rains ...
 
Sunday, I plan on resting, relaxing and heading to the pottery studio.  Monday I am off, so I may schedule something for Sunday night (if I'm not too tired).
 
And, that's my busy busy weekend o'fun.
 
Have a great one!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. thanks to all the rain we've had today is only the 2nd time we've had the a/c on this summer. i'm sorry you're having to wait for yours but glad you have good friends who let you camp out in their cool living room.

    ReplyDelete