Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Satisfaction Delayed

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
So, yesterday my new Air Conditioner arrived. See?  Which meant I was a little late to work.  I was a bit worried that I might be a lot late to work, which would mean that I would possibly miss the meeting in which I was scheduled to make a short presentation. I needn't have worried though.  The meeting was postponed until the 15th.  *sheesh*
 
I totally want to add the date I created my slides (July 1st) to my slides so that the people at the meeting will realize that all this rescheduling was not because of my incompetance. However, my guess is that they already realize that anyway.
 
After work, I met my friend, Ray, for happy hour.  I had a lot of this and some of these.  So very tasty.  Ray and I had a good catching-up chat and then we parted ... just as the rain started.  Luckily, I had the best metro and bus karma EVER!  I barely got damp from the torrential rains last night.  Hurrahz!
 
I made a late dinner of leftovers, poured a glass of wine, popped in a seriously under-rated movie, View from the Top, and settled in for a fun night of lazing on the sofa.  My plans were dashed, though, when I got an email from the contractor who is going to install my new A/C.  She can't come until the afternoon.  Thus, instead of sleeping in and coming to work later, I had to wake up at my regular time and will leave work around noon.  Half-day!  There is definitely a nap in my very near future.
 
So, that's my excitement.  Have a great day!
*smooches*
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Tonight's gonna be a good good night - and a cold one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for AC installation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo for not getting it installed on time, but Super YAY for half days! :)

    HUGS..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm kind of glad I just had to plop my new AC unit into a window when I got mine home from the store. Instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You put the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong syllABle."

    Hope you had a lovely air conditioned nap.

    ReplyDelete