Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Night In

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Ah, another day down and the Weekend of Fabulousness slowly but surely approaches.
 
Yesterday, I had to attend a meeting characterized by clusterfuckery.  First, the meeting was scheduled to start at 10, but didn't get underway until 10:30.  Second, the people presenting did not seem well-prepared.  And, third, when it was my turn to present, they started to skip over me.  W.T.F?  I gave my presentation and did something that was (unbeknownst to me) a little shocking:  I said 'no' to the two-star general.  Seriously, he was asking for something unreasonable.  And, I didn't say it wouldn't be done.  I said that I wasn't going to be the person to do it.  We all have boundaries.  And one of mine seems to be an unwillingness to be at work at 11PM on a weekend to read an electricity meter.
 
Once home, I decided to go for a run.  yay!  Then, I had a martini and made dinner.  I was supposed to meet C last night, but we had to reschedule.  Instead, I blobbed on the sofa, chatted with friends, and worked on arranging a first date with F.  Summer of Fun, kittens.  Summer. of. Fun.
 
Today, I have been trying to catch up on a bunch of little projects.  Later this afternoon, I have a tour/meeting at the US Green Building Council.  And, tonight is laundry.  Oh, yeah.  Good times.
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Back in my salad days I was told to sweep the leaves off the front walkway of the office where I was working. I hadn't learned the power of "no" yet. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying no to a two-star general? Dude, you are SO my hero!

    Dr. Liz (and yes, I know that sounds pretentious, but I ask you, where else do I get to use my Ph.D. these days, other than on Blogger?!?)

    ReplyDelete