Friday, July 16, 2010

Shaky McShakerson!

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
I felt the earth
move
under my
feet.
 
Or bed.  Or something.  We had an earthquake!  Exciting.  If only I remembered it happening ...
 
I woke up around 5AM this morning.  And, then, got all confused about what day it was.  Saturday?  Thursday?  Friday?  Do I have to go to work?  I finally worked out that it was Friday and fell back asleep.
 
When the alarm went off a few minutes later, NPR was all "OMG!  EARTHQUAKE!  ARMAGEDDON!  WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!*"
 
So, anyway, yesterday was certainly fun with all the Meeting Clusterfuckery.  Once I got home, I relaxed for a minute.  Then, I went for a run (about 4 miles, I think.  Maybe a smidge less).  After that, I sat on the sofa and blobbed.
 
This weekend there is a lot going on.  I'm going to see the documentary Stonewall Uprising this evening (if it's not sold out).  It's either going to be a "Friends Outing" or a "Date" ... depending on who shows up. 
 
Saturday, I'm taking the Hana-chan Express to the baptism of Baby Forrest.  Everyone pray that I don't burst into flames the moment I enter the chapel.  That would be bad.  On Sunday, I need to go to the pottery studio.  And, on Monday (since I'm off.  again!), I will be meeting Mike (Who Makes Cakes) for lunch.  At some point during the weekend, I will be hanging out with Nida, who is in town with her husband.  Yay!
 
All in all, it should be pretty cool.
 
Have a great Friday!  *smooches*
 
 
*OK.  They weren't really all like that.

7 comments:

  1. Bursting into flames is certainly a way to make an unforgettable entrance, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in DC the earthquake was here in Ottawa. Now I'm in Ottawa the earthquake is in DC. Jeez, I miss all the fun.

    Have a fund weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know--I can't go in churches made out of wood for the same reason. Not that I care though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh -- I thought you were always flamming whether in church or not.

    I kid, I kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahhhhhhh, was wondering about you and the earthquake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomokito2:41 PM

    I will carry a fire extinguisher with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bursting into flames would be Most Impressive! If that happens, please have someone take pictures! ;-)

    ReplyDelete