Monday, October 05, 2009

Weekend Update: Recovery Edition

Good morning, Kittens.

I am pleased to report that I am on the Road to Recovery (wait, wasn't that a Crosby and Hope movie?) from my bout with Hong Kong Chicken Fever Monkey Pox Bacon Influenza. And, I'd better fucking be since all I did this entire weekend was eat, sleep, and drink (a lot!).

Booze is good for the soul cold.

I didn't go to the movies. I didn't go out dancing.
I didn't go to any bars or fun restaurants.
I didn't go to the pottery studio (until Sunday).

I did nothing.
All weekend.

Good for the wallet. Bad for the social life.

Hello, DC/Metro Area Friends, do you remember who I am?
I used to go out on weekends. Srsly.

Lessee. In other exciting news, at pottery, I trimmed two bowls and a vase. I still have one bowl to trim, but it wasn't quite ready.

I am almost finished knitting the orange scarf. I hope to finish it today, because I want to give it to Mike (Who Makes Cakes) tomorrow after my hair appointment.

Speaking of the Hair Appointment. The blueberry-lemon infused vodka is finished. However, it only tastes like lemon. I can't decide if that is because the blueberries I bought were flavorless purple lumps or because I have a stopped up nose and can't taste anything. *sigh* At least the color is purty.

Maybe I will go Red for Autumn. Hmmmm ....

Have a great day! *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. So are you Crosby? And a bottle of gin is Hope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was sort of strawberry blonde too when I was young. But many years ago, I went silver and I never looked back! That said, I do think that red for autumn is a nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly2:09 AM

    go red...go red...go red...

    pix of the finished scarf, please, before you give it away!

    ReplyDelete