Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Update: Pumpkin Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

After two days of cleaning and organizing and cleaning some more and then a little grocery shopping, the 8th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party: BYOE Unfortunate Economic Situation Edition was Loads o' Fun.

I forgot to make an official tally, but about 12-15 people came, several pumpkins were carved, copious amounts of boozy punch and margaritas were drunk, and Mike (Who Makes Cakes) made the fabulous jack-o-lantern cake pictured. Isn't he the cleverest?

Here are a few of my favorite photos:

A party at my house just isn't a party without the requisite Ice Ring:

Ice ring!Mmm. Punch


The punch was cranberry-apple cider. The Ice Ring was made of lemon sorbet and cranberry juice.

byop09 007Pumpkin Guts (and a World Famous Blogger)


byop09 019Are you sensing a theme?


byop09 034Ray's Intricate (and OCD) Pumpkin


byop09 042Ray und Me


The rest of the photos are on Flickr.

The final guests left around 1:30 or so. I cleaned, uploaded photos, and finally crawled into bed around 3AM. Sunday? Very. Hungover. I spent most of the day blobbing on the sofa. I did manage to go for about a 2.5 mile run (with some walking). And, in the evening, I had a date. Nice guy. We'll see what happens.

Today is going to be quite busy. Several errands to run. And then pottery class tonight.

Have a great day! *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly8:48 AM

    mike topped last year's mummy cake! so many jack-o-lanterns...

    looks like mucho fun was had by all, including you!

    has Y disappeared for good yet?

    and A DATE - wow...kewl...happy for you to date a nice guy!

    have a good night at the pottery studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bossy is sorry to have missed it. Again. These excuses are getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your shirt, too. Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rn terri10:48 AM

    Looks like good times. A nice guy can be a very good thing, good luck with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray is way cute. Why do we here so much about Y when there is Ray? And his mad punkin carvin' skills. Wow.
    One of these days when I marry rich, I will fly out for this party. I must experience the ice ring for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can assure everyone that it was a fabulous time, the cake was stunning and delicious, the ice ring very refreshing, and Ray's pumpkin was awesome (and he worked on it like a madman). Vuboq has the warmest parties!

    ReplyDelete